Josh King

JPAngel

25 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Ah, you mean Samatta and Wesley who almost never score goals. At least king has a decent goal scoring record outside of last year where Bournemouth were gash and King was injured most of the season.

Is that injury a long term concern? What was it?

Just now, MaVilla said:

Trez is also not great, granted both can develop, but they shouldn't be first choice winger this season.

We beed grealish and a new winger, then ghazi and trez can develop and we will see 8fntjey are good enough or not.

Currently neither are good enough.

Yeah, perhaps counter intuitively I think a quality right winger will allow those to breathe a little, not so much pressure to produce. Both have room to grow, still only 25. If still not producing, next season then reassess. I think this was the big mistake last transfer window, those two are squad players and should be competing, not starting. Clearly maybe more was expected of Jota to offer competition but he hasn’t got the athleticism to cut it too. Hence, why I think king would be a decent signing. Athletic and versatile, despite @Kiwivillan formidable stat bomb.

Trez is very frustrating, but has good timing and instinctual finishing. I did think he had a bad attitude, sulking and the like, but I now think I was being over critical.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Trez is very frustrating, but has good timing and instinctual finishing. I did think he had a bad attitude, sulking and the like, but I now think I was being over critical.

I don't think attitude is the problem with him, deano has said numerous times that his attitude is great, and for all his deficiencies he does work really hard on the pitch, this alone probably saved him in terms of selection as although his ball play wasn't great, his work ethic was.

Won't knock him for his goals though, he was a key part in us staying up, but also those goals slightly glossed over the fact that he wasn't very good last season (like ghazi)

I agree that they both need to be backup and given time to develop, then we can reassess at the end of this season.

• Like 1

I can see this happening in next 24hrs , don't think Bournemouth can let this one drag on too long because of his contact situation, not sure he is perfect for our system because I see Watkins as our main striker but would be great signing all the same

Edited by pete101

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

I can see this happening in next 24hrs , don't think Bournemouth can let this one drag on too long because of his contact situation, not sure he is perfect for our system because I see Watkins as our main striker but would be great signing all the same

It will give us good flexibility up front - being fluid throughout the match with Watkins and King dropping onto the wings or up front as required.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I thought the King thing was just to get the Watkins deal over the line.  Aren’t they too alike in style? and going after King was showing we were looking elsewhere.  I can see Brewster because he’s a different style.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I thought the King thing was just to get the Watkins deal over the line.  Aren’t they too alike in style? and going after King was showing we were looking elsewhere.  I can see Brewster because he’s a different style.

agreed i thought this was a red herring (not wanting to start fish puns)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Get him in and I think we are sorted up top.

Get Davis out on loan so he gets the 90,90,90 minutes he needs now. Loan out Samatta to Berwick Rangers so he can at least get minutes there coming off the bench.

I'd much rather have Keinan coming off the bench than Samatta.

Samatta 90 % of the time looks completely inept at this level. Keinan tends to make things happen despite not scoring. You need players like that coming off the bench.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd much rather have Keinan coming off the bench than Samatta.

Samatta 90 % of the time looks completely inept at this level. Keinan tends to make things happen despite not scoring. You need players like that coming off the bench.

Completely agree. Davis has made a difference in quite a few games despite not scoring. Samatta hasn't really done anything except for every now and again keeping possession and making a standard pass.

41 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

It will give us good flexibility up front - being fluid throughout the match with Watkins and King dropping onto the wings or up front as required.

Totally you could nominally start with one left and one right and Wes up the middle, then if Wes drops deep to get the ball one can come central, they can swap, Wes could try and pull a CB wide and leave a gap for one of them to come in from wide... loads of options.

• 2 weeks later...
Â