Josh King

JPAngel

I give absolutely no credence to this rumour whatsoever, but probably would take him on a short term deal as a back up. I liked him last summer, he had a poor season individually, but there’s a good premier league player in there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

At least King has scored a few goals in this league...

No goals or assists in several games for Bournemouth in Championship. I think he doesn't care about football only a pay cheque. 

Seems to have lost his motivation to me since the Man. United move didn't come off in Jan 2020.

Thought he looked really poor when he came on v us in the run in.

Even on a free I imagine his wage demands would be ridiculous.

He has scored 1 more league goal than Wesley in the last 2 seasons and Wesley has been injured for most of that. He is not an improvement to our squad so why would we sign him?

This is just lazy journalism at best. 

Edited by cyrusr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Seems to have lost his motivation to me since the Man. United move didn't come off in Jan 2020.

Apparently he was on 45k a week at Everton according to sportrac. Which is the same amount Keinan Davis is on right for comparison(also according sportrac).

Geez, I'm surprised Davis got that large a  salary.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Apparently he was on 45k a week at Everton according to sportrac. Which is the same amount Keinan Davis is on right for comparison(also according sportrac).

Geez, I'm surprised Davis got that large a  salary.

Did Everton just take over his Bournemouth contract, seems feasible if that's the figure.

I think on a free he'll probably be demanding 60k. Was shocked looking up his recent record to see he's 29 aswell, thought he was only 24 or 25. So surely all those saying Calum Wilson was too old last summer and any other player we get linked to who's over 27, the same applies here?

3-4 year deal and we simply won't be able to shift him for years, we've had a few of those over the last decade.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When he came on I thought that's the win in the bag for us

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Did Everton just take over his Bournemouth contract, seems feasible if that's the figure.

I think on a free he'll probably be demanding 60k. Was shocked looking up his recent record to see he's 29 aswell, thought he was only 24 or 25. So surely all those saying Calum Wilson was too old last summer and any other player we get linked to who's over 27, the same applies here?

3-4 year deal and we simply won't be able to shift him for years, we've had a few of those over the last decade.

Just on this, it wasn't that Wilson was too old to be a good footballer, it was that he was too old and injury prone for the cost to buy him and length of contract + wages he would demand. He is a classic Bruce signing, expensive, good in the short term but no chance of getting any reasonable money back in the future and not sustainable in the medium to long term. Compared to where we are now with the youngest average age in the league, if we sold them tomorrow most of our squad would be worth at least what we paid and if we were to (hypothetically) sell everyone we'd make a lot more than we spent acquiring them 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

Just on this, it wasn't that Wilson was too old to be a good footballer, it was that he was too old and injury prone for the cost to buy him and length of contract + wages he would demand

Exactly this. Got 4 year + 1 year extension (at players discretion???) for reportedly similar wages as Grealish new deal. Missed 11 games with 3 injuries including extended absences for hamstring twice. 

Wilson is decent. King is just garbage, has been for several seasons and inflated goal record from penalties

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

Just on this, it wasn't that Wilson was too old to be a good footballer, it was that he was too old and injury prone for the cost to buy him and length of contract + wages he would demand. He is a classic Bruce signing, expensive, good in the short term but no chance of getting any reasonable money back in the future and not sustainable in the medium to long term. Compared to where we are now with the youngest average age in the league, if we sold them tomorrow most of our squad would be worth at least what we paid and if we were to (hypothetically) sell everyone we'd make a lot more than we spent acquiring them 

I'm not sure on that. Say Wilson had scored about 10 off the bench for us I think we could've sold him for 10-15m to a Brighton or Watford if we'd really wanted to this summer as those two need a good striker desperately.

Whereas sign King on 3-4 year deal (as he'd probably get that elsewhere) and we'd certainly be struggling to move him on if he dosen't make much impact off the bench so while it's a freebie it comes with similar risks.

End of the day strikers who score decent amount in available minutes can always be moved on easily enough. Likes of McCormack and Hogan who barely score we have to pay them up to leave pretty much.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Whereas sign King on 3-4 year deal (as he'd probably get that elsewhere)

No PL team is giving King a 3-4 year deal as a free agent. He'll be lucky to get a 1-2 year deal for a Championship team. Should probably head to MLS or similar

Â