Josh King

JPAngel

52 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

With King and Watkins added to Cash, that is some much needed pace and power.

This is what *Evans is suggesting, Watkins, ST, winger, CM and GK. I'd be quietly confident for the new season.

Still need a centre half IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

are there any legitimate links that we actually plan to or have made an offer for King?

Percy said we were to make a bid of £16m. Watkins imminent arrival doesnt mean that we dont still want another body in. He’s in his last year of his contract so no reason Bournemouth wont continue to sell off their talent. I just get the feeling King may reject us and hold out for Utd, who still hold an interest in him being this years Ighalo.

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Percy said we were to make a bid of £16m. Watkins imminent arrival doesnt mean that we dont still want another body in. He’s in his last year of his contract so no reason Bournemouth wont continue to sell off their talent. I just get the feeling King may reject us and hold out for Utd, who still hold an interest in him being this years Ighalo.

United won't sign him. I wish they would. I'd laugh so hard

29 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Would be very happy for this to happen especially if we could also get Watkins.

Taking it with a pinch of salt though as he might want to be at manure albeit way down the pecking order.

He's not going to United unless they're mugs. He is so poor. 

Just now, zab6359 said:

He's really not though. 

He's awful. I've tracked him for several seasons.

Lol just checked King stats last season. Worst minutes per chance out of all PL forwards. 1 chance per 77.7 mins. Samatta 55.1 mins Wesley 51.1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol just checked King stats last season. Worst minutes per chance out of all PL forwards. 1 chance per 77.7 mins. Samatta 55.1 mins Wesley 51.1

Of course you have just waiting for a moment like this to say how crap he was 🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Of course you have just waiting for a moment like this to say how crap he was 🤣🤣

I literally just looked it up. Had no idea was that bad. Also 3 of his 6 goals were penalties.

He's much better crossing final 3rd assist potential but really not huge upgrade on AEG or Trezeguet. Average expected assist is 3 times worse than likes of Bowen for example

I was ranting for weeks on Fantasy Football Scout a year ago how he was a terrible fantasy asset to be avoided and I was right 

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Ah, you mean Samatta and Wesley who almost never score goals. At least king has a decent goal scoring record outside of last year where Bournemouth were gash and King was injured most of the season.

stats are great but can also be misleading.

For example, on paper el ghazis contribution last season was actually pretty good.

But we know from watching him that he was pretty poor all season, missed some unbelievable sitters, doesnt like a challenge, is about as strong wet spaghetti consideing hes 6ft 2 and fairly well built, and will ask to be subbed the first time someone ruffles his hair.

So, yes stats are informative, but also not the whole picture.

King might be terrible I don't know, but he also looks strong, fairly mobile, fairly speedy, fairly skilful and is versatile in terms of where he can play.

I dunno, would prefer buendia, benrahma etc, but suppose we will see?

Edited by MaVilla

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

stats are great but can also be misleading.

For example, on paper el ghazis contribution last season was actually pretty good.

But we know from watching him that he was pretty poor all season, missed some unbelievable sitters, doesnt like a challenge, is about as strong wet spaghetti consideing hes 6ft 2 and fairly well built, and will ask to be subbed the first time someone ruffles his hair.

So, yes stats are informative, but also not the whole picture.

King might be terrible I don't know, but he also looks strong, fairly mobile, fairly speedy, fairly skilful and is versatile in terms of where he can play.

I dunno, would prefer buendia, benrahma etc, but suppose we will see?

Stats would back up his ‘misfiring’ in front of goal if you look at his xG compared to his G. I still think there more to come from AEG though, I think there were glimpses last season. He was similar in the championship. Inconsistent. I think he didn’t have a good project restart. Maybe that’s clouding peoples judgement? As opposed to Trez.

11 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Ah, you mean Samatta and Wesley who almost never score goals. At least king has a decent goal scoring record outside of last year where Bournemouth were gash and King was injured most of the season.

King played +200 more minutes than Wesley last season, scored 1 more goal(6) and 3 were penalties

I suspect King was a ruse to smoke out Watkins. To show Bournemouth that we had a plan C and we'd choose that option. For all the quotes about the size of the fee for watkins we don't actually know what Brentford were asking and the 28m may be what we were offering. it may have got to the point of, 'look we're tiring of this' we're going for King if you don't accept the offer'.

It's still presumptuous because ITSOTP rules always apply, but if Watkins does come then we have Watkins, Wesley, Samatta, and Davis vying for one place. I doubt king would be added to that list unless we have takers for at least 2 of those.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Stats would back up his ‘misfiring’ in front of goal if you look at his xG compared to his G. I still think there more to come from AEG though, I think there were glimpses last season. He was similar in the championship. Inconsistent. I think he didn’t have a good project restart. Maybe that’s clouding peoples judgement? As opposed to Trez.

Trez is also not great, granted both can develop, but they shouldn't be first choice winger this season.

We need grealish and a new winger/IF, then ghazi and trez can develop and we will see if they are good enough or not.

Currently neither are good enough.

Edited by MaVilla

Â