Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I also don't believe that a striker trying to get back into the England team would want to play for Newcastle under Steve Bruce. We were awful and they massively over performed and we still scored 3 more goals than they did. They have a lower shots per game than us and the worst possession stats in the league.

I don't care if he picks them, I think we can do better elsewhere but the last place a striker should want to end up is Newcastle. 

But don't you know that "they LOVE a number 9 up there in Newcastle"???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I also don't believe that a striker trying to get back into the England team would want to play for Newcastle under Steve Bruce. We were awful and they massively over performed and we still scored 3 more goals than they did. They have a lower shots per game than us and the worst possession stats in the league.

I don't care if he picks them, I think we can do better elsewhere but the last place a striker should want to end up is Newcastle. 

Maybe Southgate told him playing for Villa isnt good for your England career 😜

30 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I don't think it's ever been said by anyone we should sign him as an attacking winger.

He would be signed as a striker.

If it ever happened that we got desperately short in the attacking wing areas for any reason, it's handy to know he could play in those positions if ever required as he has experience on both sides

...or if we needed a goal and wanted more than one striker on the pitch. It’s about *flexibility* within a relatively rigid system.

Grealish - Watkins - Trezeguet

Grealish - Wilson - Watkins
Watkins - Wilson - Trezeguet (and Grealish in midfield)

Wesley - Wilson - Trezeguet

Grealish - Wesley - Watkins

All very different for different situations.

No need for anyone to chime in with how bad they think Trezeguet or Wesley is etc etc, just making a point about how signing Watkins and Wilson could both make sense.

Edit: sorry Rigo, you made this point in the rest of your post on game-changing cameos I guess.

Edited by Adam2003

If we're looking to sign both Wilson and Watkins then I'm okay with signing Callum. If we're looking to sign CW instead of OW then I believe we're making a mistake.

We need Watkin's full range of abilities added to our first eleven, Wilson is a lot more limited in terms of what he adds to the team on match day. (imo of course)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Bid accepted now.....

happy golden girls GIF by TV Land

Apologies, i’m not celebrating the accepted bid, but because Mrs F has accepted my plea for an Indian takeaway this evening! Had to find somewhere to celebrate. 

• Haha 2

Wouldn't mind this.

Similar to Cash deal, I think it's a good player for too much money.

He certainly wasn't good the second half of last season though.

In fact, it was his worst run he's had in his career. Is that the sign of him starting to decline? Or playing in a bad side and struggling?

Let's be sensible with any wages offered.

If he signs. 

An average season of say 12 goals with up and down performances is not good enough.

He's being chased for this money because they don't want any pissing round in this position.

Consistently good performances almost every week will be expected from the management team.

I would also imagine he'll be #1 striker ahead of Watkins, who will probably be on the wing if they both sign.

Edited by Tomaszk

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

The reports are clearly bullshit. I mean why would anyone actually want to go to Newcastle?

They love a number 9 up there. 

• Thanks 1