Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Not fussed with Wilson. He's potentially decent if serviced but I think we can do better.

I'm not sure we're after him at all but if we are, and we really want him, we can beat Newcastle to him.

We’ve had an official bid for him rejected and returned with a new one today. This isn’t ‘fake’ news, it’s official.

So unless we’re making bids for the sake it, then we’re obviously after him.

I’m 50/50 on whether I want Wilson but it seems clear now he’s someone the club want. If we can’t get it done over Newcastle then that is a bit of a concern for me. 

This is professional football, him being a Coventry man means **** all really. Doherty is an Arsenal fan and who’s he just joined.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I’m 50/50 on whether I want Wilson but it seems clear now he’s someone the club want. If we can’t get it done over Newcastle then that is a bit of a concern for me. 

This is professional football, him being a Coventry man means **** all really. Doherty is an Arsenal fan and who’s he just joined.. 

Spot on. It’s not him being a Coventry fan for his preference, he clearly sees Newcastle as a better option. Some in denial about this but it’s a very big concern.

And if they (Newcastle) sign him, Fraser and Lewis they definitely ain’t going down next season.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

But he's not available to us, though. 

Why not? He's playing in a pisspot league. He may have better offers but I think we're exaggerating this players profile somewhat.

17 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Do people really believe all this media nonsense? 

There are a lot of gullible people around. Surprisingly, the negative stories are very believable.

I wouldn't call these people bedwetting idiots or anything because that would be rude.

55 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

His agent suggests he wants the Newcastle move according to lee ryder. That’s that then 

We can but hope. Obscene money for a 28yo injury prone AVERAGE striker. Pay Celtic what they want for Edouard. He is only 22 so will be an increasing asset.

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrim said:

I dont think so. Possibly having better offers and being completely excluded are quite different.

If you're a player at RB Salzburg, you know that all the top clubs in Europe are looking at you and you'll get a move to one if you keep performing. There's absolutely no point in a player like him moving to a team like us right now.

I certainly want some experience in but I don't personally think Wilson is someone I'd target. Anyone is going to be an upgrade on what we have but he's 28, only scored more than 8 prem goals a season once, 20m isn't a lot but I feel this could be better spent elsewhere.