Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

I'm not opposed it. I'm slightly ambivalent mind. 

On the one hand he is better than what we got. 

One the other hand he's not a great goal scorer. Tend to get injured. Little resale value. 

I'm also there where we could have pooled that money in a kitty for a better player. 

Wesley was only 3 goals off Wilson last season. 

I recall Wilson has had 1 good season in the Prem? Last season he scored 8 in 35 matches , and has only hit double figures once in the prem, he's 28, 29 in February, so he's at his peak. 

I think we can do better.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 3

injury references are a bit lazy bearing in mind his last two seasons have been fine. He's reliable at PL level. I think there are other options we could go for but I think he would be reliable for 10+ goals up front, much better than existing options. As I said in the transfer thread, I feel like it's a dummy move but we'll see

Without the injury history I would be all for this. With the injury history,  combined with our bad luck, I feel like it is a waste of money with no long term benefit.  If he joins and stays injury free, he'll be better than what we have for not a huge amount of cash so can see why it's tempting

He's scored 41 goals in 126 premier league appearances, and bearing in mind that's not 126 games of full 90 minute games, in terms of minutes on the pitch it's just over 106 games in the premier league that he's played. His goal scoring record is excellent, his assist record isn't too bad either.

• Like 1