Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

Wilson will go to whoever is offering the longest and highest paid contract. Its probably his last big deal as a 28yo. 

I'd like him to come to Villa but if he chooses Newcastle then so be it. We move on.

• Like 2

Just now, joshharris12 said:

Beaten by Newcastle how embarrassing 

Has he signed for them yet?? 

for a player a lot of fans have been indifferent about, they’re getting really upset about us potentially not signing him. 

I think some folk just love to moan and whinge

5 minutes ago, string28 said:

I think it's strange that we got the offer of 15 million turned down then we hear it was 17 then today its 21? I would say Newcastle look favourite but did we really make another bid?

I would be shocked if we said here's 15m and then increased it straight to 21m. I think it's bs. 

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I would be shocked if we said here's 15m and then increased it straight to 21m. I think it's bs. 

Got a feeling av were used to up the money from Newcastle. I think we did make the 15 million offer got turned down and we walked. All the stuff of cw  wanting to go to Newcastle then can be used to say "look he choose us" strange.

13 minutes ago, string28 said:

I think it's strange that we got the offer of 15 million turned down then we hear it was 17 then today its 21? I would say Newcastle look favourite but did we really make another bid?

I think we were used to up the Newcastle bid. Fine by me 😁

46 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

My point was Wesley's scoring rate is same as Wilson's. Both crap. The original question was"Do you think we'll sign better than wilson if he turns us down?"  My answer was yes because Wilson is no better statistcally than Wesley

Proven premier league quality. 

I think we'll get watkins but if we fail with wilson, our replacement choice will be a gamble. 

1 minute ago, string28 said:

Got a feeling av were used to up the money from Newcastle. I think we did make the 15 million offer got turned down and we walked. All the stuff of cw  wanting to go to Newcastle then can be used to say "look he choose us" strange.

I just don't see us paying 20m+ on a 28yr old. I'd be surprised if we were, considering he might not be our number one target. It remains to be seen who is.  

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Has he signed for them yet?? 

for a player a lot of fans have been indifferent about, they’re getting really upset about us potentially not signing him. 

I think some folk just love to moan and whinge

Troller. Not worth the energy mate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I just don't see us paying 20m+ on a 28yr old. I'd be surprised if we were, considering he might not be our number one target. It remains to be seen who is.  

Tammy, but then turned our attention to Eduoard maybe?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Yep I think we walked away from the 15 million bid.

I'm not sure signing both Wilson and Watkins made complete sense to me to begin with, Wilson will be expecting to be starting games, and we won't be paying potentially £25m plus for Watkins for him to sit on the bench, bearing in mind that he's not a youngster that can bide his time, he'll be 25 in a couple of months so he  will be wanting to be starting games as well.

And I know people will say that Watkins can play on the wing, but signing him to play there doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

As much as I like Wes and think he can and will improve his game a lot, he did play like a drain in several matches, almost Rudi Gestede bad, so I'm not sure comparing just goals to game ratios with other players tells the whole story.  I didn't see much of Wilson last season but what I've seen of him over the years his movement and finishing has been good and I think he could thrive from someone like Jack providing for him.

I also don't believe that a striker trying to get back into the England team would want to play for Newcastle under Steve Bruce. We were awful and they massively over performed and we still scored 3 more goals than they did. They have a lower shots per game than us and the worst possession stats in the league.

I don't care if he picks them, I think we can do better elsewhere but the last place a striker should want to end up is Newcastle. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm not sure signing both Wilson and Watkins made complete sense to me to begin with, Wilson will be expecting to be starting games, and we won't be paying potentially £25m plus for Watkins for him to sit on the bench, bearing in mind that he's not a youngster that can bide his time, he'll be 25 in a couple of months so he  will be wanting to be starting games as well.

And I know people will say that Watkins can play on the wing, but signing him to play there doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I don't think it's ever been said by anyone we should sign him as an attacking winger.

He would be signed as a striker.

If it ever happened that we got desperately short in the attacking wing areas for any reason, it's handy to know he could play in those positions if ever required as he has experience on both sides.

Have those dynamics to his game could see game changing cameos.

He provides options and like Cash, would be a very sensible signing.

As for Wilson, I don't think signing him would make sense.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Yes Watkins can play wide in certain situations and me sure we'd use him there at times, but primarily we'd be signing him as a centre-forward, the position where he's just had by far the best season of his career.

• Like 1