Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How would it make sense for a 28 year old Coventry born lad to prefer a move to Newcastle, at later stages at career most want to move back closer to home

He's 28 FFS - later stages of his career 🤣

I hears he'll be closer to the post office to draw his pension if he moves there

• Haha 2

The reports make so little sense, Villa wouldn't have bothered bidding for him unless they had already sounded the player and agent out first just as Newcastle have done.

In this case it wouldn't be tapping up as Bournemouth want to sell.

The idea that we would agree a deal with the club without any knowledge of the player's desired destination seems bollarks.

His agent could well just be leaking information about our interest to get a better contract for his client.

Anyway if he goes to Bruce's black and white cabbage brigade I doubt anyone will be that sad.

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The reports make so little sense, Villa wouldn't have bothered bidding for him unless they had already sounded the player and agent out first just as Newcastle have done.

In this case it wouldn't be tapping up as Bournemouth want to sell.

The idea that we would agree a deal with the club without any knowledge of the player's desired destination seems bollarks.

His agent could well just be leaking information about our interest to get a better contract for his client.

Anyway if he goes to Bruce's black and white cabbage brigade I doubt anyone will be that sad.

I can't believe we are in for Wilson

Maybe its a message to brentford that we have other options should they not lower the watkins price.

Or maybe if we are after two strikers, Wes injury is worse than feared and we do want both Wilson and Watkins - the other links incecho, orirvi, eduordo have faded because we could only afford 1 of those.

I think we will get Watkins and a loan striker myself. 

Not fussed either way about him signing. But I do slightly worry who would be next in line. I just have vibes all over again of O’Neil wasting a golden ticket with Lerner when (sic) looking for a striker and.... 

Q:Falcao, Cavani.

A:Heskey, Harewood. 

If rumours are true and he favours Toon then the only reason he joins us is ££££ and he’s not worth it IMO at those costs. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I can't believe we are in for Wilson

Maybe its a message to brentford that we have other options should they not lower the watkins price.

Or maybe if we are after two strikers, Wes injury is worse than feared and we do want both Wilson and Watkins - the other links incecho, orirvi, eduordo have faded because we could only afford 1 of those.

I think we will get Watkins and a loan striker myself. 

I like the look of Watkins, hope we make this one happen. I’ll be happy with him, a Quality winger and CM shithouser. All fool me I suppose.

Btw did you purposely butcher all those names 😂 Or just had a few sherbets? Iheanacho is more or a 10 than a striker, by my reckoning. Anyways, we probs have a shortlist with many many targets on them. Media get wind of target off of list and publish article. Or agent trying to drum up interest, contacts press, Aston Villa interest, blah blah. Or there is genuine late stage interest. So much of shitstorm, how do you pick out the truth?

The more I read about him and the more videos I look at I'm swaying more towards that Wilson could be a really good signing. He isn't spectacular, but actually seems to have it all, seems strong, fast, good with his feet, scores some nice headers, good at shooting. Only need some wingers and a midfielder to create chances for him now.

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Chicken Jalfrezi for me on order and a Tikka Masala for Mrs F.  The Karate Kid (original) on the TV at 6:30.  Shaping up to be a decent evening 😁

There is only one Karate kid movie. 

We don't speak of the other which is in room 101 with other such abominations as Grease2 and the remade Italian Job. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's 28 FFS - later stages of his career 🤣

I hears he'll be closer to the post office to draw his pension if he moves there

Exactly. Ollie Watkins is 24 but people are talking like he’s different species. Wilson is only a year older than Mings FFS.

5 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

if bruce and smith are the only managers thjat want you your at rock bottom

If you’re at Bournemouth and big clubs like Villa and Newcastle want you, you’re at rock bottom? Really?

God Only Knows what you’re on beachboys1, your posts are not giving me Good Vibrations.

Edited by The Moustache of Teale
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1