Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

14 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Joelinton and Haller were relatively successful in a strong Bundesliga. Not a weak Scottish league. 

Haller certainly to an extent, but Joelinton had the same goals to game ratio in the BL as a certain Brazilian who has been panned this season playing for us. 

image.png.8809130941f0308f4bd24890eb512b3c.png

I'm afraid that Newcastle just made a shit signing there for stupid money, something we should be wary of when looking at strikers, despite how desperate the club might be to reinforce that area. 

By that logic, Wesley is worth £45m after his first season as he is younger than Joelinton 😂 which, of course, he is not.

Edited by Steero113

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems we can agree fees with clubs but the players  are not interested in coming here - fear eduourd  will be same scenario too as rashica and Wilson 

Really ??? Who have we agreed a fee for then ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Seems we can agree fees with clubs but the players  are not interested in coming here - fear eduourd  will be same scenario too as rashica and Wilson 

Werder need to sell, Rashica needs a new challenge and the team he was supposed to be going to don't want him. It was suggested he didn't want to play for a team that had just escaped relegation but the situation has since changed.

Wilson has opted to join Newcastle and could be for a variety of reasons that have already been highlighted on here today.

I remain optimistic we're in for a good week of activity.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Based on the Matty Cash transfer, quite the opposite is true. Seems we can’t agree to terms for players.

That's why I don't think we have as much cash as people think.  We can't seem to agree a fee for Watkins - let alone the guy from Celtic - think people need to lower their expectations a tad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Werder need to sell, Rashica needs a new challenge and the team he was supposed to be going to don't want him. It was suggested he didn't want to play for a team that had just escaped relegation but the situation has since changed.

Wilson has opted to join Newcastle and could be for a variety of reasons that have already been highlighted on here today.

I remain optimistic we're in for a good week of activity.

intrigued go on GIF

• Like 3

8 hours ago, hippo said:

That's why I don't think we have as much cash as people think.  We can't seem to agree a fee for Watkins - let alone the guy from Celtic - think people need to lower their expectations a tad.

I’ll lower my expectation when information is presented that I should.

At the moment all we are told is 100m in the media - So what.

I look at last seasons spend and think what has changed so drastically that we don’t have the figure to spend.

Now if some verified ITK/Journo says otherwise ok or if the club comes out and makes a comment ok.

until then I’m living high up here in the clouds.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We cant see in purslow thread. FFP with wages for next three years.

Bollocks to FFP.

I thought it was supposed to be relaxed this year anyway!?

I think we just do what Man City do...

Spend what the hell we want and sign who we want and if UEFA start asking questions just tell them not to worry, we're doing things the Man City way and it's all above board.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Bollocks to FFP.

I thought it was supposed to be relaxed this year anyway!?

I think we just do what Man City do...

Spend what the hell we want and sign who we want and if UEFA start asking questions just tell them not to worry, we're doing things the Man City way and it's all above board.

**** Purslow, we need that fella who got OJ off on the basis that leather glove was too small 

17 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Not for Celtic I'd imagine

No, a bit like Utd fans saying they should ‘give’ us Romero and £20M for Jack. Edouard is their best player by a mile. They’ll rightly want all they can get for him. 

• Like 4

Would prefer a 20-25m gamble on Watkins than a 40m gamble on Edouard.  I said many pages ago that I think the gap in quality between Scotland and the Premier League is so vastly different that I question how quick he would make the step up. 40m is too much in our position for such a gamble. 

Regardless, at this stage so close to the start of the season, I'd welcome either. And that's in addition to King (assuming we're in for him), whose experience in the PL could help either of them settle more quickly

Â