Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

There's no way Villa are paying £30 million for anyone, let alone a player from a league as shit as the SPL.

Now before you mention McGinn, he was worth the punt at 50p.

I think the fact we spent £16mill on a RB, close to £20mill bid on a GK suggests we may spend £30mill on a player. In fact I think it's entirely possible we will.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I think the fact we spent £16mill on a RB, close to £20mill bid on a GK suggests we may spend £30mill on a player. In fact I think it's entirely possible we will.

Agreed. RB was nowhere near a priority and we were happy to spend that much. Surely that means we'd be happy to spend twice that for a higher priority signing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Would prefer a 20-25m gamble on Watkins than a 40m gamble on Edouard.  I said many pages ago that I think the gap in quality between Scotland and the Premier League is so vastly different that I question how quick he would make the step up. 40m is too much in our position for such a gamble. 

Regardless, at this stage so close to the start of the season, I'd welcome either. And that's in addition to King (assuming we're in for him), whose experience in the PL could help either of them settle more quickly

We should get both...

19 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We should get both...

I really want Benrahma and Edouard.

Just so we can sing ...

Benrahma, 

Benrahma, 

Benrahma

Benrahma n' Edouard

(To the tune of "I wanna  be adored" by the Confederate band The Stone Roses)

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I really want Benrahma and Edouard.

Just so we can sing ...

Benrahma, 

Benrahma, 

Benrahma

Benrahma n' Edouard

(To the tune of "I wanna  be adored" by the Confederate band The Stone Roses)

Some on here would tell you they're Fool's Gold

Maybe I should have said £30-£40 million for Edouard, I believe that's what it would take to get him.

My point was we aren't shopping in that bracket it seems we are in the £15-£25 region...

Of course i'd love to be proven wrong but don't think we are there yet. 

33 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe I should have said £30-£40 million for Edouard, I believe that's what it would take to get him.

My point was we aren't shopping in that bracket it seems we are in the £15-£25 region...

Of course i'd love to be proven wrong but don't think we are there yet. 

25 up front and then a load of add-ons to make up maybe 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I imagine if we are in for him the most of the deal would be around structuring it in a way that most of the money goes to celtic so they make more money and we spend less

How would you do this?

7 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’ve given up on us signing the players we should have Eduoard included.

They are clearly after trash like Wilson and King.

You've come to this conclusion despite, in the same article as the one saying we are interested in King, the author states we have an interest in Édouard. Not quite sure I'm understanding any logic here.

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

You've come to this conclusion despite, in the same article as the one saying we are interested in King, the author states we have an interest in Édouard. Not quite sure I'm understanding any logic here.

Because we have actually bid for those players unlike the simple yea villa are interested in.

When newspapers give direct quotes or say we have bid that’s the truth, all the other stuff is made up or here say 

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

How would you do this?

I don't know I'm not a premier league accountant. My guess would be some combination of player swap, wage subsidising and maybe even a purchase of another player who we loan back to them. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

I think this guy would be the answer to a lot of our problems. 

Him and a quality RW would transform the team. Big ask of course but rather throw the money on that than a similar amount to bring in 2 strikers  with a lower ceiling.

RW still the key position.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Him and a quality RW would transform the team. Big ask of course but rather throw the money on that than a similar amount to bring in 2 strikers  with a lower ceiling.

RW still the key position.

Him and Rashica was the early dream.  I long for the heady days when we all thought that was attainable.  

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

I think we should give up on even talking about Edouard.  There's no chance he would come to us, and there's no chance we would offer £40m, which is frankly a snip for a lad of his potential (and current) talent.  

He's scored 14 in 9 for France U21s.  He's been the best striker in Scotland for a few years.  The lad is absolutely dynamite and so it's better off us accepting we will not get him rather than getting our hopes up.  Mark my words - he would be even better than Benteke was for us.

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Him and Rashica was the early dream.  I long for the heady days when we all thought that was attainable.  

Thauvin was also too good to be true sadly.

Â