Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

It amazes and amuses me, the certainty some of you speak with with basically nothing to go on.

I'd eat a pile of my own faeces if Edouard signed for us.  But I have learned from decades of supporting Villa that we have to be realistic. This honestly would be the most instantly impressive signing we would have made in my time supporting the club.  

Just now, The Rosk said:

I'd eat a pile of my own faeces if Edouard signed for us.  But I have learned from decades of supporting Villa that we have to be realistic. This honestly would be the most instantly impressive signing we would have made in my time supporting the club.  

Please sign. Please sign. Please sign!! 😜

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

There's no way Villa are paying £30 million for anyone, let alone a player from a league as shit as the SPL.

Sadly mate, we've just done it with Ollie Watkins. £28m rising to £33m.

Possible we may even still sign Edouard too..

• Like 2

The player could probably do with a loan to a decent league - if he then proves his quality Celtic will get the money they're asking - at the moment it's too much to ask a team to spend the amount of money we're talking about for a player that spends most of his time playing against League 1 defences.

This boy is a prisoner in Scotland.

Of all the strikers we've been linked to Édouard is the one I wanted most, I was hoping we'd go for him even before he was linked, but not sure if that's based on any sound logic as I'm not sure there's much evidence to say that he'd do any better in the premier league than Watkins would.

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

The thread should be locked we aren’t buying him after spending that on Watkins.

a complete waste compared to Eduoard 

You're assuming here that Celtic will accept what we've offered and, even if they did, the player actually wants to come here.

Sadly, I don't think he does anyway.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You're assuming here that Celtic will accept what we've offered and, even if they did, the player actually wants to come here.

Sadly, I don't think he does anyway.

I’m not assuming anything other than if you can afford to spend that on Watkins you can afford to offer the same at least to Celtic.

Thats all.

8 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’m not assuming anything other than if you can afford to spend that on Watkins you can afford to offer the same at least to Celtic.

Thats all.

And wait how long for a 'no' and ages for more dilly-dallying etc.? 

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The player could probably do with a loan to a decent league - if he then proves his quality Celtic will get the money they're asking - at the moment it's too much to ask a team to spend the amount of money we're talking about for a player that spends most of his time playing against League 1 defences.

A loan.  Jesus.  The SPL isn't the National League.  Edouard also has 12 in 30 in European competition for Celtic, all by the age of 22.

I would urge people to stop thinking about Samaras/Stokes/Griffiths levels, and start thinking about Dembele/Larsson - he is seriously on that level.  He is the complete forward.  I believe the only thing stopping us buying him is any push back from the player.  Without any connection to Villa, I personally wouldn't prefer to come to us when I know there will be better-placed suitors out there.

Edited by The Rosk
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And wait how long for a 'no' and ages for more dilly-dallying etc.? 

If or when you hear no you ask well what do you want then make a counter of what you are prepared to go to.

if it’s still no then you move on

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Would be nuts for any team to sign a striker from the second division of any league for around 30 million...oh wait 

Â