Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

5 hours ago, colhint said:

Not skint as such, but no team in Europe has suffered more through covid. 36% some £42m of their turnover of about £116m comes from gate receipts, no tv money. Last year they made a profit of £13m. which included some CL money. Knock off that £42m and no CL they could be looking at a £35 to £40 million loss.

People don't realise how little the domestic TV money is in Scotland, Celtic will definitely need to raise some cash to offset Covid/CL exit.

• Like 1

I think we were never in for Wilson despite the links.

Have a feeling we’re in for Edouard. Not been many links but he fits what we’re looking for and usually we keep things quiet when going for players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Have a feeling we’re in for Edouard. Not been many links but he fits what we’re looking for and usually we keep things quiet when going for players.

Would love this to be true

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bose said:

Celtic would probably leak it so as to stir up more interest and escalate a bidding war.  🙄

I can't imagine he will be at Celtic for another season. The kids got ambition. 

Just throw money at him and get this done. 

Id like to think it's as simple as this but again with Rashica he is probably waiting to see if Arsenal want him. (I think they're pretty stacked up front though) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Id like to think it's as simple as this but again with Rashica he is probably waiting to see if Arsenal want him. (I think they're pretty stacked up front though) 

Aye,  you are right. but keeping his powder dry to see if a "bigger" club want him. Virgil van Dyke had to use a stepping stone of Southampton from Celtic,  before his "big" move to Liverpool  and Andy Robertson went to Hull before ending up at Anfield. ( albeit from the arabs.)

Here's hoping he goes to Villa first .👍

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

If we really want Edouard then just go and put £40m on the table. No add ons, no future percentage of sell on. We’ve seen clubs spend £40m-+ on players like Joelinton and Haller. That’s the market. 

Look how that worked out 

star trek what GIF

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

If we really want Edouard then just go and put £40m on the table. No add ons, no future percentage of sell on. We’ve seen clubs spend £40m-+ on players like Joelinton and Haller. That’s the market. 

What if they turn it down? How high should we go?

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

What if they turn it down? How high should we go?

From what we're reading, I don't think Celtic are in a position to be turning down £40m bids.

There will no doubt be complications surrounding this 40% sell on clause that PSG have (someone quoted from pages ago) that may be holding any deal up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I would expect his agent to know if Arsenal want him or not !!!

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

Joelinton and Haller were relatively successful in a strong Bundesliga. Not a weak Scottish league. 

Â