Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Am I the only one who gets so angry I want to thump someone everytime I hear all call for a thread to be closed? 

Get a life. 

I’m not sure I’ve reached the physical violence stage yet but I’m on board with the general sentiment. Surely not reading a thread you don’t like is the only sensible option? Whilst adding to the page count by constantly demanding the thread is closed makes absolutely no sense at all. 

• Like 4

I'm not saying any threads should be closed, but at least the Rashica thread had some half decent links including confirmed interest that goes back to Jan.

Edouard seems to have always been a 'Villa should sign him' type interest rather than any seemingly concrete links, doesn't mean we've not been interested though, despite Celtic denying it. No reason to close though.

presume Rashica thread was closed as 90% of the posts were off topic gifs and fish puns rather than discussion about the player.

51 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I'm not saying any threads should be closed, but at least the Rashica thread had some half decent links including confirmed interest that goes back to Jan.

Edouard seems to have always been a 'Villa should sign him' type interest rather than any seemingly concrete links, doesn't mean we've not been interested though, despite Celtic denying it. No reason to close though.

presume Rashica thread was closed as 90% of the posts were off topic gifs and fish puns rather than discussion about the player.

The Rashica thread has many a link - for and against it could be said.

It's a shame it got locked because it just literally took off to an unexpected level, understandably so because it would literally be the Kosovan Grealish that we signed.

However, in the end it was flooded with more shite than it was of the transfer itself and I can see from a moderation point of view it was a nightmare to control at the best of times and so it had to be closed, again.

It was an good thread but in the end too many posters made a mockery of it rather than use it for the thread it should be. As @DaveAV1 eluded too in a previous post, too many numpties bombarding threads demanding they be closed because they don't like it or whatever other reason.

Personally, I commited a few weeks to the thread to steer it for what it was worth and keep it going in the right direction, which wasn't ideal at the time due to other personal factors going on outside of football in my life but that's nor here nor there, So I understand completely on the moderation side that if it's kept on track then it drifts off course.

The humour was amazing, the posts were hillarious, the puns never stopped and Stacey and her friends came in abundance, but there comes a time where stupidity of others trying to run the thread a mock is what has led to it's demise.

There's still tonnes going on with this saga that's not even been posted.

I am sure if we all agreed to strictly keep it to Rashica rather than take it off topic and make it a nightmare to moderate then maybe it could stand a chance of being re-opened?

Listen, there's so many twists in the whole thing still and the transfer may or may not happen depending what Bremen decide, but it's one of the most exhilarating threads we have had in years and it's a damned shame it's been lost to stupidity it appears more than the transfer saga itself.

Myself (and I speak for many on this) would be happy for the Rashica thread to be reopened, not because I created it or ran with snippets of info over it etc. but purely the fact that It's been one of the most exciting threads we have had on here for a long time. It would be a shame to lose it in the final 7 days.

Signing or no signing - it's not over!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Â