Odsonne Edouard

ramshackler

31 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This thread needs locking as Eduoard's agent stated the other day that Villa had not made an offer. No one needs another 196 page Rashica style thread again! 

Agree.......................it's like wishful thinking keep the thread open long enough and it will happen!

38 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This thread needs locking as Eduoard's agent stated the other day that Villa had not made an offer. No one needs another 196 page Rashica style thread again! 

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Agree.......................it's like wishful thinking keep the thread open long enough and it will happen!

If keeping threads open relied on us "making offers" we would have no "speculation" threads.

• Like 2

Based on the FFP figures quoted on the other thread we can not afford him or if we can we could only sign him and maybe Cash. Makes depressing reading as I thought we had more to spend and explains the current lack of activity 

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Based on the FFP figures quoted on the other thread we can not afford him or if we can we could only sign him and maybe Cash. Makes depressing reading as I thought we had more to spend and explains the current lack of activity 

I’m sure we’ve got accountants with similar skills as Man City’s demonstrated earlier in the year. If they now sign Messi I’d say they are really taking the piss. I’m not sure FFP has got any teeth really. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sure we’ve got accountants with similar skills as Man City’s demonstrated earlier in the year. If they now sign Messi I’d say they are really taking the piss. I’m not sure FFP has got any teeth really. 

Probably calculating the future negligible FFP fine as part of the Messi deal. FFP is useless. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd have preferred him to Wilson but looks like we are heading in that direction. 

Imagine if he started struggling against PL defences who don't trip over themselves like in the SPL. Spending 30-40m on that risk vs spending 20m on Callum Wilson. I can see why we're going for the latter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If keeping threads open relied on us "making offers" we would have no "speculation" threads.

I've seen threads locked for more trivial reasons. 

If you are into fish puns, cleavage pics, Kenneth Williams gifs and conversations going round in circles with the lack of any real transfer news on the player, be my guest. For that reason... I'm out! 😄

Edited by Made In Aston

51 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If you are into fish puns, cleavage pics, Kenneth Williams gifs and conversations going round in circles with the lack of any real transfer news on the player, be my guest. For that reason... I'm out! 😄

Did you read the thread in it's entirety mate?

There's plenty in there to show our involvement - not one single quote from the club or the player rejecting otherwise.

I equally understand why it had to be locked as it also went rather quiet when the media updates had also dried up. Personally, I think there is still an outstanding issue to be resolved in it.

When any news breaks I am sure the thread will be unlocked and I'm sure there will be fireworks and Mantis dancing gifs. galore to compliment the array of fish puns, cleavage and Kenneth Williams gifs.

Anyway, strayed off topic and back to Edouard..

Do we need him if we are "allegedly" going for Wilson & Watkins?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think this one is dead, if it was even ever happening. Shame as he’d be very good I’m sure 

He would have been a great signing... May still turn out to be?

We know no news can often be touted as good news and for all we know there could still be an outstanding situation holding things up that we are unaware of, like there can be for any deal.

Equally, the media seems to have also dried up on the updates side of things on this one too for now.

I still question the big amounts being quoted though.

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He would have been a great signing... May still turn out to be?

We know no news can often be touted as good news and for all we know there could still be an outstanding situation holding things up that we are unaware of, like there can be for any deal.

Equally, the media seems to have also dried up on the updates side of things on this one too for now.

I still question the big amounts being quoted though.

You never know I suppose, could happen, I just get a feeling it won’t now. Might just have been a enquiry we made and then moved on from, or might not have anything in it at all

He will go to a another team at some point and have a great career I think

Edited by alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

the princess bride boo GIF

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

which thread m8? (cant find it)

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

You never know I suppose, could happen, Might just have been a enquiry we made and then moved on from, or might not have anything in it at all.

Do you think upon receiving a response we 'weighed' up the amount quoted to us and thought... sod that! ? 🤔

Edited by AvfcRigo82

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do you think upon receiving a response we 'weighed' up the amount quoted to us and thought... sod that! ? 🤔

Yeah, it could well be that. Or perhaps we weighed it up and though we’ll try and get Player A first for less money and wages then if it doesn’t pan out we can spend more on Edouard... no idea how these things work.

Maybe we’ll do a deadline day deal? 

• Like 1

Â