Jaden Philogene

Kingman

I like him as a player but not sure he has the mentality to succeed. I want to be proved wrong though. 

He reminds me of Johan Bakayoko at PSV and I’d love him at Villa.

I think Jaden is right footed so him on the left and Bakayoko on the right cutting in would be entertaining to watch.

I’d give him a new deal and then loan him out again to a top team, Boro if they don’t come up

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

If he is under 21 he doesn't need to be registered. But often season longs loans can't be recalled early under the loaning club want rid of them.

He's already played for two clubs this season anyway.

22 hours ago, skarroki said:

Philogene not doing enough for me from what I've seen of him unfortunately. All the talent in the world but I think the comments of "can be whatever he wants to be if he wants it enough" are telling. The lad can win a game on his own and Cardiff have needed that all season but he's not been trusted by multiple managers now to regularly play. He could never seem to get a run in the starting line-up at Stoke either. 

I hope to be proven wrong but for me I'd be sending him back out on loan again unless someone comes in with a decent offer for him, in which case I'd cut ties and take the money, hoping he does on to prove me wrong at a different club. 

Wasn’t he tearing it up at Stoke but then got injured, seemed to then lose confidence and struggled initially at Cardiff before improving, but still a bit in and out of the team with injuries

I was really impressed a couple of years ago when he first looked like he might break through, I thought he deserved a go in the first team but in the end we stuck with El Ghazi and prioritised the development of Chukweumeka instead which was a waste of time

• Like 2

I'd never want to completely write a player off and I hope he'll prove me wrong. I'm sure he'll have a good career at least but I expect to see more of an Andre Green career than a Johnathan Hogg or Barry Bannan based on what I have seen so far. Hopefully the club being better run now, they'll make sure he doesn't slip through the cracks and we sell him on for good money to kick start his career or we find him a good loan and work out what's causing the niggling injuries. 

Will have a good career in championship for sure. Think his time has passed here, as said above start of 2021 season he could've broken through but we kept AEG and Trez was still floating around as wide option when he got fit. And then we appointed someone who was allergic to any width on a football pitch.

He moves like Willian with the ball at his feet. I like him he’s gifted . He’s the reason I wouldn’t mind the conference league so that players like him Archer etc can make that tournament their own. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He moves like Willian with the ball at his feet. I like him he’s gifted . He’s the reason I wouldn’t mind the conference league so that players like him Archer etc can make that tournament their own. 

Conference league would certainly allow us to give these guys 10-15 games a season when you include cups as well. 

I watched him yesterday. He’s good. I don’t know how that translates to the PL, but he’s technically very gifted. Needs to put on a few pounds in muscle though!

• Like 1

If you’d asked me 6 months ago, I would’ve said that I think his time at Villa is done, but after seeing what Unai has done to resurrect the career of a lot of the first team, I’m prepared to keep an open mind on anyone.

I’m sure Unai will have a look in preseason at all the youngsters who have been on loan in the championship, and decisions will be made.

Edited by Woody1000

Personally I don’t think he’s going to make it at this level and at his age he really needs to be playing proper competitive football not reserve football and occasionally getting 15 or 20 minutes off the bench. I’d sell him on this summer. Same goes for keinan.

7 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Personally I don’t think he’s going to make it at this level and at his age he really needs to be playing proper competitive football not reserve football and occasionally getting 15 or 20 minutes off the bench. I’d sell him on this summer. Same goes for keinan.

He's class. Impressed when given a chance in the first team here. Absolutely smashing it at Cardiff.

As good a prospect as Archer and Aaron Ramsey. Hope he gets a good opportunity under Emery after preseason.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Conference league would certainly allow us to give these guys 10-15 games a season when you include cups as well. 

I watched him yesterday. He’s good. I don’t know how that translates to the PL, but he’s technically very gifted. Needs to put on a few pounds in muscle though!

Conference League is potentially 8 more games before Christmas and maybe 3 League Cup games if we dont draw United away

There was a point I thought he’d break into the first team I think it was Smiths last season with us? Same with Chukwuemeka at the time. 

I think Bidace is talented and very skilful, but he needs to beef up a bit so he can be effective in the prem if we are to hopefully keep him. I think he could be useful next season under Emery.

Congrats to him on his young player of the season award.

Â