Jaden Philogene

Kingman

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s mad about this compilation is, if this were a player we were linked with in the German/Spanish league, we’d be at 50 pages already and spotting planes. 

I’d love it if Emery kept him round the squad this year. 

So true

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s mad about this compilation is, if this were a player we were linked with in the German/Spanish league, we’d be at 50 pages already and spotting planes. 

I can safely say that i have never ever seen any other Villa player make a backheeled throughball in the box .and that comp has one of my favourite villa youth moments. 2 mins 25 in .The pass for Cams 3rd against Barrow . Ridiculous vision . If he was consistent Jaden would he worth 50 million. 

Edited by MWARLEY2

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don't agree - people would be correctly pointing out that so many clips cut out before the important bit i.e. the final ball was played. 

It's clear that he can beat a man and is an exciting player, but he'll be in the championship if he doesn't find an end product because that is precisely what is missing from his game. 

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't agree - people would be correctly pointing out that so many clips cut out before the important bit i.e. the final ball was played. 

It's clear that he can beat a man and is an exciting player, but he'll be in the championship if he doesn't find an end product because that is precisely what is missing from his game. 

He can make the final pass but it seems like his teammates were utterly dogshit at finishing or even making contact so he stopped playing them. In the barrow game for instance he played like 4 just sensational passes that require a tonne of vision and skill to pull off. Even though it is vs a significantly weaker team he had teammates who were moving and capable of finishing. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He can make the final pass but it seems like his teammates were utterly dogshit at finishing or even making contact so he stopped playing them. In the barrow game for instance he played like 4 just sensational passes that require a tonne of vision and skill to pull off. Even though it is vs a significantly weaker team he had teammates who were moving and capable of finishing. 

In 2791 minutes of championship football, he has one assist. 

He was in the bottom 7th percentile for key passes last season.

He desperately needs to add end product to his game. 

14 minutes ago, lexicon said:

In 2791 minutes of championship football, he has one assist. 

He was in the bottom 7th percentile for key passes last season.

He desperately needs to add end product to his game. 

Yet still won Cardiff's Young Player of the season award! 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

With 49 pages of fish puns :D

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yet still won Cardiff's Young Player of the season award! 

The team that finished 21st in the championship? Did he have any competition for that award?

He's exciting and he has potential but he has a way to go before he can be of real use to us. 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

The team that finished 21st in the championship? Did he have any competition for that award?

He's exciting and he has potential but he has a way to go before he can be of real use to us. 

Could of been the difference between them finishing 22nd and being relegated 

Generally  have no idea as I've not watched him in any great detail to see if he aligns with your expectations.

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Could of been the difference between them finishing 22nd and being relegated 

Generally  have no idea as I've not watched him in any great detail to see if he aligns with your expectations.

And that would still not translate to being of the requisite quality. There's a world of difference between championship and premier league. It has nothing to do with expectations, it has to do with production and if you've not watched him play, why are just arguing the toss?

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And that would still not translate to being of the requisite quality. There's a world of difference between championship and premier league. It has nothing to do with expectations, it has to do with production and if you've not watched him play, why are just arguing the toss?

Like i said, I Generally  have no idea as I've not watched him in any great detail to see if he aligns with your expectations.

You've obviously scouted every minute of his development so I will bow down to your superior knowledge 

He's difficult to judge - he can dazzle and beguile and he's a joy to watch when he's on it, but how that translates to productivity, to goals, assists and wins is less clear at the moment. I think another loan will suit him, but he needs to play and he's ready right now to play at a good level.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Big one for him today. Trusted with a starting spot to show what he can do. Interesting. 

Agreed. Manager has put him in so must like what he sees in training. 

He seems mercurial, but so is Traore. If we could sell the latter, perhaps there’s a space in there for Jaden? Would help the wage bill and perhaps add a bit of value to Jaden.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Agreed. Manager has put him in so must like what he sees in training. 

He seems mercurial, but so is Traore. If we could sell the latter, perhaps there’s a space in there for Jaden? Would help the wage bill and perhaps add a bit of value to Jaden.

He's got the ability but has not shown the end product yet. We need to see some key passes or  SCA at least, better still some assists and goals. He's had his career disrupted a bit through injury but he's still young and it could click for him. 

It's good that he's starting but I wouldn't read too much into it in terms of his chances of being part of our squad next season, the rest of the team are first teamers, and if any of Diaby, Coutinho, Bailey, or Traore were available I imagine they would be starting ahead of Philogene based on the rest of the line-up. Only real surprise is that he's been chosen to play on that left handside ahead of Aaron Ramsey, but I'm sure he will get plenty of chances too.

If he impresses though maybe can force his way into the plans, would be good to see, same for Aaron, big shame no Iro, hopefully not injured if so hopefully not too bad.

Big chance for Philogene.

Â