Jaden Philogene

Kingman

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Great news on the contract, he's a terrific player. I'm hopeful he'll get an opportunity from the bench this season and we should see him in the EFL Cup.

Not seen much of him but I always love it when we get one that has the potential to break through. 

Who could we compare him to? 

51 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Jay-Den Fill-O-Jean Bid-Ace.

And he's a box of tricks, he's an absolute joy to watch. 

He might end up being an Ashley Young type of player.

Should keep Trez and El Ghazi on their toes then 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Great news on the contract, he's a terrific player. I'm hopeful he'll get an opportunity from the bench this season and we should see him in the EFL Cup.

Do you mean the EFL Trophy rather than the EFL cup? 

Back on topic - there is an surprisingly long analysis of JPB (as nobody is calling him) here  by the website 'Avillafan'.

The piece has some interesting information about his background - coming through from the Prodirect Academy as well as some analysis of his qualities. I think most of the examples of JPB's play are from this short video on twitter here (which I think was previously posted in another thread).

Looks like he is one to keep an eye on. It will be interesting to see if the new structure will lead to more players from the academy actually making the grade in the first team. Presumably Villa will need to have firmly established their place in the premier league before we can be blooding a large number of youngsters. Certainly the post lockdown series of matches carried a relegation pressure which would not be conducive to the development of a young player.

• Like 2

Â