Jaden Philogene

Kingman

I think what Jacob and Aaron Ramsey have over most of our youngsters is maturity at a young age in game and off the pitch their level of professionalism that age is commendable they work for most of the summer rather than partying and enjoying time off. I think Jaden is a very talented individual probably our most naturally gifted youngster in terms of skill and technical ability just needs to mature. Wether he makes it as premier league player remains to be seen it’s a difficult task and there are plenty of talented footballers playing lower league football that aren’t quite suited to top flight football some with better technical ability than players currently playing in the premier league. Cashing in and booking a profit might very well be the route we take if we decide to sign a young winger this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From WalesOnline:

And Philogene, well, how to describe him. A unique footballer who, as one club insider put it recently, "can be anything he wants to be, if he wants it enough".
Few would argue with that statement, especially on the evidence we have seen in the second half of the season. Philogene is the club's third top scorer, behind only Kaba and Callum Robinson this term, with five. But it's that x-factor he provides. The confidence with the ball at his feet. The creativity and ability to hit a pass no one else would think of, let alone be capable of.
He is a defender's nightmare. Journalists and reporters in away press boxes invariably find themselves asking this writer about one player during matches and that is Jaden Philogene. A potential star in the making, that's for sure, and it will be intriguing to see what the next step of his footballing trajectory looks like when he returns to Aston Villa this summer.

Given the glowing reports he's getting at the moment, you'd think he might be able to do a job here for the last 5 games of the season. With Coutinho being out long term it seems and Traore struggling with fitness, surely he could be an option at least...?

There are many attributes to gain, to be a Premier League footballer...... We as fans, sometimes only look at some, and fail to see the absent ones.

Its a hard job, to make it, in the Prem......I hope he does.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given the glowing reports he's getting at the moment, you'd think he might be able to do a job here for the last 5 games of the season. With Coutinho being out long term it seems and Traore struggling with fitness, surely he could be an option at least...?

He can't be recalled and registered in PL to play with us until end of the season. That's why loan recalls don't happen outside the transfer window in Jan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Seems to be a very talented guy. It will be interesting to see what Emery makes of him.

He appears to be a Traore type but with more impact.

He has been going along under the radar for a few seasons now.

More impact than Traore? He'll have to post numbers somewhere near Traore's in one of the top European divisions before we can say that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sure he'll sign a contract extension when he returns this summer. Let him train with Villa first team like Archer, Iroegbunam and Ramsey before we decide on summer loan moves if needed

Personally, I'd like to see all 4 go back on loan again next season provided we strengthen adequately in the Summer and don't need to use them. I'm all for them coming back in at 21/22 and seeing where they're at then. I know a lot will disagree! 

I think all could perhaps use a loan abroad too just to get a feel for a different way of playing/working. The Championship is great for physical development and getting used to the British style of play, but I'd argue a more technical league may benefit our players more after they've done their time in The Championship. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Personally, I'd like to see all 4 go back on loan again next season provided we strengthen adequately in the Summer and don't need to use them. I'm all for them coming back in at 21/22 and seeing where they're at then. I know a lot will disagree! 

I think all could perhaps use a loan abroad too just to get a feel for a different way of playing/working. The Championship is great for physical development and getting used to the British style of play, but I'd argue a more technical league may benefit our players more after they've done their time in The Championship. 

It all depends of if we get Europe as with the EFL Cup to play too we'll need the extra players. If we don't get Europe all 4 will go out on Loan again I'd say. 

I feel they all have scope to be a real stand out player in a full loan season in Championship ala Tammy, Gallagher etc..

Philogene not doing enough for me from what I've seen of him unfortunately. All the talent in the world but I think the comments of "can be whatever he wants to be if he wants it enough" are telling. The lad can win a game on his own and Cardiff have needed that all season but he's not been trusted by multiple managers now to regularly play. He could never seem to get a run in the starting line-up at Stoke either. 

I hope to be proven wrong but for me I'd be sending him back out on loan again unless someone comes in with a decent offer for him, in which case I'd cut ties and take the money, hoping he does on to prove me wrong at a different club. 

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Philogene not doing enough for me from what I've seen of him unfortunately. All the talent in the world but I think the comments of "can be whatever he wants to be if he wants it enough" are telling. The lad can win a game on his own and Cardiff have needed that all season but he's not been trusted by multiple managers now to regularly play. He could never seem to get a run in the starting line-up at Stoke either. 

I hope to be proven wrong but for me I'd be sending him back out on loan again unless someone comes in with a decent offer for him, in which case I'd cut ties and take the money, hoping he does on to prove me wrong at a different club. 

Agreed and unfortunately for young wingers, you need to produce consistently. If Bailey and Traore get trashed for their general play, I can’t see how we’re supposed to rely on an academy product who looks good for 5 minutes at a time. 

8 hours ago, skarroki said:

It all comes with age though. You could argue the same was said about Grealish up until he was 23/24. 
Philogene has been highly spoken about at both Stoke and Cardiff, he's just struggled with injuries. 

I remember not too long ago, there were a whole host of German teams looking at him given his contract situation with us. 

Like CV says above, tie him down to a new 4yr deal, get him out on loan again next season and then have a look. Worst case scenario is we flog him for a couple of mil in a years time. Let's not forget that he was the most talented youngster we've had (Carney aside perhaps) at the club since Grealish. 

8 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Agreed and unfortunately for young wingers, you need to produce consistently. If Bailey and Traore get trashed for their general play, I can’t see how we’re supposed to rely on an academy product who looks good for 5 minutes at a time. 

I don't agree. Winger is the most inconsistent position going and tons of senior players at good sides produce inconsistently because it's the nature of the role. Young wingers need to show that they can beat a man and either create or take chances from time to time. There are only 14 players who've scored 10 or more league goals this year in the prem, with only a few being wingers, and for assists, there are only 2 players with double figures in the whole league. 

Looking at his CV he seems to have come in the game late? So that he can be what he wants I presume is more down to intelligence , coaching and taking on board instructions.

From what I see he's an absolute bag of tricks, a street footballer. Giving him in a new deal and a decent one at that in terms of length is a no brainer.  He's got a lot of room to develop.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2023 at 16:40, CVByrne said:

He can't be recalled and registered in PL to play with us until end of the season. That's why loan recalls don't happen outside the transfer window in Jan

If he is under 21 he doesn't need to be registered. But often season longs loans can't be recalled early under the loaning club want rid of them.

Â