Jaden Philogene

Kingman

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I haven't studied him enough, in the flesh......but looks good to me.

Personally i don't think he will make it at Villa. But i still hope he will if you get my drift because on his day he is  outrageously skillful . Can play passes no one other than Buendia could see in our squad. Scores off both feet and can beat anyone. Genuinely excites me when he gets on the ball. A wonderfully talented footballer . Just feel that if we are looking at spanish international forwards like Nico Williams who is a year younger and quoted at 45 mill then a player like Jaden might have to move on to make the most of his career.

We can sign likes of Nico Williams or similar and have someone like Philogene or Aaron Ramsey as back-up rather than the likes of Bailey and Traore. That's if Philogene and Ramsey  deemed good enough for first team squad of course, but the two of them as well as Iroegbunam are on the right trajectory.

Also have to factor in Kadan Young, he's only just turned seventeen now, but it's not for nothing that he's constantly played a couple of ages up throughout his development, very highly rated player, and could be one of the rare ones that comes into contention for place in first team squad earlier than normal, not saying he's going to be first choice back-up next season, but in a two or three seasons who knows, still very raw at the moment, but it's obvious the club has very big hopes for him.

• Like 1

I think unless we develop a worldie its going to be harder and harder to get the very best talent into the squad. My god i hope we can but its just the nature of football.  Think of how Chelsea have brought through Christiansen Chabaloah Guehi Tomori and now Colwill  just at centre back. And sold all but 1 so far. Then they  wemt out and bought Badashoui ( sorry) from Monaco, Fofana from Leicester . 

Its a problem although a good problem that i am glad i dont have.

29 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think unless we develop a worldie its going to be harder and harder to get the very best talent into the squad. My god i hope we can but its just the nature of football.  Think of how Chelsea have brought through Christiansen Chabaloah Guehi Tomori and now Colwill  just at centre back. And sold all but 1 so far. Then they  wemt out and bought Badashoui ( sorry) from Monaco, Fofana from Leicester . 

It’s a problem although a good problem that i am glad i dont have.

The Chelsea model (to give it a name) is what we should be trying to emulate here. Hoover up all the best young talent in the midlands, train them up, they’re either good enough for us, or sell for pure profit. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The Chelsea model (to give it a name) is what we should be trying to emulate here. Hoover up all the best young talent in the midlands, train them up, they’re either good enough for us, or sell for pure profit. 

tbh, thats pretty much what we are doing, we have hoovered up a lot of young talent in the last couple of years, we are clearly trying to emulate the Chelsea youth model, in our own way.

• Like 1

Chelsea have less room for their youngsters because they can sign player after player for £60m plus, some cases much more.

We're not really going to have that problem, we aren't likely to have players regularly on our bench genuinely worth fifty million plus or whatever, if the likes of Ramsey and Philogene can get to the level where they're considered decent squad optons capable of doing a job, or hopefully even better, worth say £20m plus, in the sense that that's about how much would have to pay for an established player to do a similar, then they're going to have a good chance of making it with us.

But our academy players reaching the level where they're of a similar value to established players worth £20m plus is easier than done, and £20m is probably a low estimation, £30m or more is probably more like it.

If we were to finish 7th and get Europe, there'd be an opportunity to have a rethink about Jaden and a couple of the others. They could work with the first team, try for the bench and play the odd 90 minutes against the lower European teams.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Chelsea have less room for their youngsters because they can sign player after player for £60m plus, some cases much more.

We're not really going to have that problem, we aren't likely to have players regularly on our bench genuinely worth fifty million plus or whatever, if the likes of Ramsey and Philogene can get to the level where they're considered decent squad optons capable of doing a job, or hopefully even better, worth say £20m plus, in the sense that that's about how much would have to pay for an established player to do a similar, then they're going to have a good chance of making it with us.

But our academy players reaching the level where they're of a similar value to established players worth £20m plus is easier than done, and £20m is probably a low estimation, £30m or more is probably more like it.

I think Chelsea have progressed more players into the first team in recent year than we have. They've also sold a lot for a lot of money. Not a bad model to follow

Daz because Chelsea have had a much much better academy than us, our academy in it's current guise is still very young, won't see the full benefits of what's happening for a number of seasons yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Daz because Chelsea have had a much much better academy than us, our academy in it's current guise is still very young, won't see the full benefits of what's happening for a number of seasons yet.

And also a much better first team so they can afford to play young players against more teams. 

This obviously won’t happen but we could do a lot worse than recalling him if the injury to Bailey is bad. Whatever your thoughts are on Traore, he doesn’t look like he has 90 minutes in him and Duran is still very raw. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This obviously won’t happen but we could do a lot worse than recalling him if the injury to Bailey is bad. Whatever your thoughts are on Traore, he doesn’t look like he has 90 minutes in him and Duran is still very raw. 

You can't recall players after transfer window is closed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

How come he was hooked off at H/T today? 

Their manager was angry at him for not following tactical instructions and staying within the shape , apparently Jaden was quite annoyed.

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id cash in personally. Dont think he will be good in PL

I agree it's when to cash in. I think contract extension and a full season on loan to top Championship side will enhance his value for a 2024 sale.

We've plenty to be sold this summer already. Hause, Davis, Sanson, Naka, Traore, Chambers maybe even Coutinho. 

Adding more in income this summer isn't necessary. New contract will lower Watkins annual cost.

I'd keep JPB for another season before selling. Archer too. 

Personally he can make it at this level..

He reminds me of Olise & Eze.. 

He is only 21 and he is twisting full backs ankles?

He is no worse than what we currently have he just needs to work on his end product and decision making.

• Like 1

Â