Jaden Philogene

Kingman

He was playing at some pro direct academy things a few years ago according to Wiki so I'm not sure how much academy experience he had.

Got bags of ability and way too early to make judgement on what level he will play at.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Stoke fans seem convinced that they're going to sign him, if so I think would be worth letting them have him for cheap as long as we get sell on clause or buy back option. It's not as if we could get a massive fee for him at the moment anyway so wouldn't lose out on much in short term, but could benefit in long term.

He's worth more but because of various circumstances I don't think we would get much more than four or five million for him and even then would be doing well to get that

But his potential is big, if it wasn't for injuries I think he would be talked about in same brackett as Aaron Ramsey and Archer, so if we do sell him and can't get a big fee then I think we have to make sure that there's either a big sell on clause or even a buyback option for us, as I feel if he can stay fit and if he's playing in a good team then after a season in the the Championship will be worth ten million plus.

If the two options were take £5m now, or take £2m but also have the option of buying him back for £10m, then I think I would take the latter option, he was brilliant second half of last season for a struggling Cardiff team, if he has an whole season like that playing for a Stoke team who look like they might be making some good signings and have a good manager now, then chances are after a full season he will be worth more than £10m, so we could buy him back, either for us, or to sell on for a better profit.

Kind of player who if has a decent season at Championship level will have the likes of Palace and Brentford showing an interest and looking to pay £20m plus, if that happens we have to make sure we're not losing out.

I'd be tempted just to loan him out and give him a contract extention.

• Like 2

Can see him leaving for a nominal fee this summer or going for another season long loan. Sell-on clause is probably the best part of the deal we can get.

I think this is an example of a player that we overrate because we want him to do well. From an outside perspective the view might be that he's v v raw, injury prone and doesn't always make the best decisions while on the ball.

Hope to be proved wrong.

He signed a contract extension last summer before he went on Loan to Cardiff. So I think we should reward him with another contract and let him go on Loan next season to a Championship side who can get promoted. We will get a loan fee for him and he can hopefully improve again.

2 hours ago, useless said:

He's worth more but because of various circumstances I don't think we would get much more than four or five million for him and even then would be doing well to get that

But his potential is big, if it wasn't for injuries I think he would be talked about in same brackett as Aaron Ramsey and Archer, so if we do sell him and can't get a big fee then I think we have to make sure that there's either a big sell on clause or even a buyback option for us, as I feel if he can stay fit and if he's playing in a good team then after a season in the the Championship will be worth ten million plus.

If the two options were take £5m now, or take £2m but also have the option of buying him back for £10m, then I think I would take the latter option, he was brilliant second half of last season for a struggling Cardiff team, if he has an whole season like that playing for a Stoke team who look like they might be making some good signings and have a good manager now, then chances are after a full season he will be worth more than £10m, so we could buy him back, either for us, or to sell on for a better profit.

Kind of player who if has a decent season at Championship level will have the likes of Palace and Brentford showing an interest and looking to pay £20m plus, if that happens we have to make sure we're not losing out.

I'd be tempted just to loan him out and give him a contract extension.

I think this would be the sensible option.

Middlesbrough would probably be a good loan option for him, especially if we are going to be keeping Archer around. Really liked the look of him a couple of pre-seasons ago but if we do get a bid of £5 mil then i think Emery and co, along with the player, would want to take it. Wouldnt blame the player for wanting some stability and certainty, and he might feel he won't get too much game time here. My preference would be for a loan to a top championship team, but if we do let him go then he will be back to the premier league as part of a promotion team in no time

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Has he only got a year left on his contract?

He signed a new contract around this time last year before he went on loan to Cardiff 

For whatever reason the club never usually reveals the contract durations of our U21's 

• Like 1

I think it’s well known he was the most rated player of his age group. Struggled with injuries a lot when out on loan but both Stoke and Cardiff fans have sung his praises when fit and firing. 

Could be a late developer. I’d love to see him do well even if it is unlikely. 

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s mad about this compilation is, if this were a player we were linked with in the German/Spanish league, we’d be at 50 pages already and spotting planes. 

I’d love it if Emery kept him round the squad this year. 

Maybe not the right thread for this but you'd think between what he, Archer and Ramsey showed last season, Championship teams would be begging to take our other youngsters on loan

Big moment for him this pre season if he can show something out in the Sates & when he comes back against Lazio & Valencia then I think he could be part of the 1st team sqaud this season, playing alongside the players in the 2st team could bring more out of him & of course Emery coaching him week in week out ...  could be Bailey, Jaden & 🤞 Diaby as our wingers this season 

Â