Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Interesting he's getting starts.

Certainly feels UE likes what he's seen in pre season so far. Dosen't mean he's going to be starting premier league games anytime soon but he's also a fair bit away from just being sold to a championship team so up to him what he makes of the next few weeks as with 9 subs there's plenty of involvement in matchday premier league squad to be had.

It will be interesting to see how good he can get this season, the club will only keep him if they think he can offer something to cup/european squads.

He's got that quick movement and burst of pace that can leave a defender standing though, it's something Bailey doesn't have.

• Like 1

Love for him to stay around for season and be heavily involved, 

More so than any other reason, to show other young players that this is the route to the first team, a good loan spell and you will get your opportunity. Not demand a place like another former player that I believe made his debut with philogene

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It will be interesting to see how good he can get this season, the club will only keep him if they think he can offer something to cup/european squads.

He's got that quick movement and burst of pace that can leave a defender standing though, it's something Bailey doesn't have.

He's not close to being a better option than Bailey yet. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Real Saka (hmm wonder who gave him his first team break?!) vibes from the lad last night. He's going to be some player.

They’re the same age really (only a dew months apart) but Saka was starting Premier League matches 3 or 4 years ago. I doubt JPB will ever play for England.

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He is trying to be funny and say Bailey is crap, basically. 

Ah right, very droll.

At the present rate of assists, it would take JPB around 250 games to match Bailey's contribution of 6 so far in his career.

Philogene has to really work at it. The confidence on the ball is all there but he’s got to graft as well. Kadan Young might not be as flashy on the ball but he was in position more than Philogene was defensively last night. 

Want it to work for Philogene as he gets people off their seats but long way to go for him still. 

20 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Philogene has to really work at it. The confidence on the ball is all there but he’s got to graft as well. Kadan Young might not be as flashy on the ball but he was in position more than Philogene was defensively last night. 

Want it to work for Philogene as he gets people off their seats but long way to go for him still. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't pay much attention to his defensive work because he was in an attacking midfielder role, but that's something I'm going to watch for.

I thought he looked really good with the ball at his feet, but that there were some really really poor decision making and vision. There were at least three times in the game where he could/should have passed/crossed early for easy really big opportunities, where he didn't, which made med think that he is nowhere near ready for premier league football. 

17 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I thought he looked really good with the ball at his feet, but that there were some really really poor decision making and vision. There were at least three times in the game where he could/should have passed/crossed early for easy really big opportunities, where he didn't, which made med think that he is nowhere near ready for premier league football. 

Sounds like Bailey

Â