Jaden Philogene

Kingman

He's getting rave reviews from the Cardiff fans.
I think he says a lot that he standing out in a very poor team.  A lot of our loanees have failed to do that.

I think Emery will give him a chance next season

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

He's getting rave reviews from the Cardiff fans.
I think he says a lot that he standing out in a very poor team.  A lot of our loanees have failed to do that.

I think Emery will give him a chance next season

Good to hear. Given the standards in the prem these days, we do need these loan players to shine at that level if they're going to be good enough to make the step up. 

• Like 1

Typed Philogene name into twitter and all I'm seeing is constant praise from Cardiff fans and media, and being able to stand out in a struggling team is a very good sign, very good goal from him yesterday as well.

When it comes to Vitoria first team only players of a certain quality are going to be good enough for a loan there, but if he keeps this form up he might come into contention alongside the likes of Aaon Ramsey, and Iroegbunam, maybe Archer too.

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd give him a new contract and send him on loan again. I'm sure a top half Championship side would be interested 

He fits Luton's model so I could see him going there eventually on loan or a permanent with good sell on clause.

I'd have liked to have seen him get a chance here in last 18 months but he's had injuries and guess there are doubts about his physicality at premier league level.

He'll have a good career regardless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He fits Luton's model so I could see him going there eventually on loan or a permanent with good sell on clause.

I'd have liked to have seen him get a chance here in last 18 months but he's had injuries and guess there are doubts about his physicality at premier league level.

He'll have a good career 

An outrageously skillful grafter is a rare thing to see. One of my favourite villa goals of the last few years was for Archers 3rd against Barrow. When Jaden placed that insane slow rolled pass and cut out 4 defenders. It was like slow motion. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd give him a new contract and send him on loan again. I'm sure a top half Championship side would be interested 

We have got to find him a top 6 chasing loan He has spent the last 18 months playing in poor non creative teams. Imagine him in that Boro team ths season. Would be in the team of the season. 

That said. The other side of his game has come on. Defensively aware now. And will always work for his teammates 

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

We have got to find him a top 6 chasing loan He has spent the last 18 months playing in poor non creative teams. Imagine him in that Boro team ths season. Would be in the team of the season. 

That said. The other side of his game has come on. Defensively aware now. And will always work for his teammates 

Wonder if Stoke will take him back. He started off well but then got a bad injury and momentum was lost. They're looking decent going forward now under Alex Neil so they should be in play off contention next season.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He'll have a good career regardless.

I’ve not seen enough of him to comment on his PL potential, but the injuries do seem like a concern. 

I think him, Acher, Ramsey will all get a chance to impress in pre season. Knowing how methodical our manager is, I’m sure he already knows every aspect of their games. 

We'll get offers for him from top Championship teams no doubt, if he was at Middlesbrough or another top club and the benefit that would bring would be being talked about in the same light as Archer and Ramsey.

Rumours of him being watched by RC Lens, Anderlecht and Union Berlin as well, if those kind of clubs interested no reason why he couldn't go on loan to Vitoria, as I said they won't just take any of our academy players for first team, but any of them that have done well at Championship level will come into contention.

• Like 3

Sounds like he's having another cracking game, I hope we keep him, would be a shame to develop him as much as we to the point where he's standing out at Championship level and not just because he's scoring the odd goal, to then only let him go for what would probably be a small fee. Have to remember he also came into the academy system late compared to other youth players, so despite being older hasn't had as long in the game as some of the players.

Edited by useless

I think it's probably recency bias to say Philogene cleary our most talented player out on loan just because he happens to be the one in form at the moment. I think Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam are the two that probaly have the best chance of making it with us, but Philogene has shown that he can standout at Championship level too, he's in a similar bracket to them, albeit slightly older.

All three have a chance of moving up another level next season.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I think it's probably recency bias to say Philogene cleary our most talented player out on loan just because he happens to be the one in form at the moment. I think Aaron Ramsey and Iroegbunam are the two that probaly have the best chance of making it with us, but Philogene has shown that he can standout at Championship level too, he's in a similar bracket to them, albeit slightly older.

All three have a chance of moving up another level next season.

Philogene was wanted by Ajax and Dortmund 2 seasons ago. 

He's an incredibly talented player with both skill and graft. He's been dealing with significant injuries and if not for them I feel he'd already be breaking through into our team. 

If we're to make room for the likes of Philogene and Aaron Ramsey in those attacking roles we're probably going to have to sell some of current wide forwards over the coming seasons, If we imagine a future scenario where Ramsey and Philogene are deemed good enough for our first team squad, then Ramsey as back-up to Buendia, and Philogene as back-up to new winger we sign in summer would make sense to me, but would of course mean losing Coutinho, Bailey, and Traore.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them at Vitoria next season on loan, did wonders for Marcus Edwards.

I've always thought he looked arguably the best talent to come through at Villa in recent years. As much as Chukwuemeka is obviously phenomenally talented, Philogene has impressed more in senior football that I've seen. Hope he can he kept around in some capacity, be it in the first team or on loan with a new deal.

• Like 1

Â