Jaden Philogene

Kingman

9 hours ago, useless said:

If it wasn't for injuries and if he was at a better team than Cardiff I think he would be currently hailed in the breath as Archer and Ramsey.

Finding decent teams for our loanees to play in seems to make a massive difference to how they do, or how they're perceived

Put Archer and Ramsey in the Cardiff team and they would probably do okay, but the perception of them would be way less positive as would be much more difficult for them to do well in a team that struggles mostly.

I think the injuries is more the issue, anytime he seems to be building momentum he picks up a small injury

How he does in the remaining months will decide if he gets a contract extension or not. If we feel he'll continue to develop and will get a promotion challenging Championship loan next season we might extend his contract by 2 years. Then look to sell next summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No brainer to tie him down

The thing is he wjll do it one game in 10. . Hugely inconsistent. Massively talented though . If he could gain some consistency then he is Zaha type potential

From what I've read from Cardiff fans he's been very good since they appointed Lamouchi. I think since that appointment he has a new role in the team, they've been playing 352 with him on the right of the five, means he has more responsibilities up and down the pitch, but also means he's seeing a lot more of the ball.

• Like 1

I think he'll be sold in the summer to a championship team. Will probably get a premier League club in 2-3 years once he's found his place in a team consistently, think once he's done that he could take the league by storm and have a good career.

My main worry is that we wind up selling Philogene, but also Archer & Ramsey to a newly promoted Boro in order to fund a summer overhaul and end up losing the best generation of kids we've had

12 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no chance whatsoever that Aaron Ramsey will be sold, I think a lot of people don't realize how good or promising he is, he's not far off Chukwuemeka levels, could end up being a better player, people have been asking for us to sign Alex Scott, in Ramsey we've got a player who's looked on a similar level to me, Ramsey has actually looked better than him for England youth sides.

Philogene is a strange one, from a selfish point of view i don't think we'd have much to gain by selling him as I doubt we'd get much money, I've seen six million mentiond but I doubt we'd get anywhere near that unless he has a brilliant end to the season which if he did people would want to keep him anyway, might as well just keep him and see how he does next season in a better team and take it from there, got nothing to lose really.

Aaron has a higher work rate than Chuk who seems a bit casual at times. 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Aaron has a higher work rate than Chuk who seems a bit casual at times. 

Agreed, Chuk reminded me of Onoma in many ways. Body language plus that sense that what he was doing was about looking good himself rather than helping the team.

• Like 1

On 04/03/2023 at 17:36, VillaParkAvenue said:

Would be stupid to let him go at this point even if he’s extremely inconsistent so far. Talent is huge.

I think we should extend his contract and send him on loan again (ideally to a top Championship Club)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Agreed, Chuk reminded me of Onoma in many ways. Body language plus that sense that what he was doing was about looking good himself rather than helping the team.

Languid demeanour for me, he reminds me of ozil can do some good work but people will only focus on his body shape as he runs and call it lazy

And useless I'm interested in how you see England lining up in the summer, don't think any of them have done enough to sneak in to the u21s but thought Tim and Scott can make a duo a bit like boubs and Luiz with then Ramsey or Chuk ahead of them

I'm guessing with the humidity the tournament will be tough but England should be decent

If Middlebsrough are in the play-offs then Ramsey won't be going to World Cup as it starts on May 20th, in that sense would be good if Middlesbrough could sneak second place, if Middlesbrough did get second that would mean Sheffield United in play-offs and then Jebbison and James McAtee wouldn't be available for World Cup.

England might miss out on a few other players too, like Bynoe-Gittens, Chukuwemeka, and Illing-Junior, as Bundesliga, Premier League, and Serie A leagues all finish after that date, going to depend on whether the clubs agree to release them early, Bynoe-Gittens probably a major doubt as been getting regular game time for Dortmund.

Some that miss out on U20 World Cup might come into contention for U21 Euros if U21s have any injuries, which is probably what makes it almost impossible for Philogene to sneak into U21 squad even if he has a really good finish to the season, as even if a number of the U21 squad players have to pull out, some of the above mentioned U20s if miss out on World Cup, more likely to get in than him.

• 2 weeks later...
Â