Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Jaden does have a good work eithic. But very inconsistent. The question is do we keep him and work with him to increase his impact . To know when is the best time to show his street balling and when to play it simple. Or does he go on loan again where he isnt going to learn much more technically.  Me personally , i would play him as a 10 and see if he can put it all together as he can beat anyone when he stands them up but also play the most cute clever passes.  Thats where he is going to have the most impact on a team whether with us or someone else. 

I think he has to stay, atleast until January. As much as I rate Bailey but with our system he’s limited, with Diaby arriving, we’d do very well if we can recoup the money we’ve spent on him, while getting Doku aswell. With keeping Bidace it would be very balanced. 

18 minutes ago, useless said:

Second half of last season since Lamouchi  came in as Cardiff manager he was very good, so much so that he was Cardiff's young player of the season and their fans were desperate that they should sign him on a permanent whilst knowing it was an impossible hope.

That second half of the season he was probably just as good as Archer, Ramsey, and Iroegbunam, and he was doing it in a poorer team.

I think his stats are misleading too, from what I saw he was creating a lot of chances and was often unlucky with keepers making good saves from his shots, also the type of player to win a lot of corners and free-kicks, put him in a better team, like Middlesbrough for example and I'm sure his stats in the Championship would look much better.

I think he's a very good player, if we were to put him up for sale now I'm pretty confident he'd get clubs bidding for him at an higher level than the Championship, I know youngsters get lazily linked with the Bundesliga these days, but with Philogene I wouldn't be surprised if there was genuine interest in him from that league.

But whether he will ultimately be good enough for us is another question, in terms of an attacking option I'd have Aaron Ramsey ahead of him and Ramsey only going to get better, whether there would be room in the squad for both I don't know, I guess depends on who else we buy and sell, Ramsey a year younger so in theory could give him another year out on loan, but I think Philoene probably needs another loan more so than Ramsey, so not sure that would make sense.

100 percent agree. And do not judge him as he is 21 and not ripping it up . This kid came through late. Never got a proper academy education. Lots of teams looked at him and turned him down. Apart from us. We took a chance on his incredible skills to see if we could mold him into a prem player. He was playing in the streets when most kids are in academies and being coached.  I am not saying that he will make it with is BUT he deserves a chance to see if he can as he is a little different from most 21 year olds. He hasnt had his hand held through his youth so things might well click later in his career. 

The good thing about him is that he is a grafter. He might look uninterested from time to time with his shoulders sloped but they played him wingback alot last season at Cardiff precisely because he works both ways  

• Like 4

A lot of youngsters around Philogene's age are going to be late developers because they're from the covid generation that missed vital development time because of that. Doubly so with Philogene because of how late he came into the professional club academy system.

I agree he's a hard worker that tracks back well, easy to presume with a player of his type that the opposite is true, but if you watch him play over a period of time you see how hard he works, he also reads the game well as well, especially considering how late he came into the game at an high level.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Philogene has to really work at it. The confidence on the ball is all there but he’s got to graft as well. Kadan Young might not be as flashy on the ball but he was in position more than Philogene was defensively last night. 

Want it to work for Philogene as he gets people off their seats but long way to go for him still. 

He played wing back regularly for Cardiff so not sure that criticism holds in general, although I didn’t watch the game last night so can’t comment about his performance albeit most reports seem to be mostly positive about him

Edited by david-avfc

He would be lethal as a number 10 with a bit more development time, there was a great chance he had yday where he managed to get through the middle and h unleashed a powerful shot at the goalie.

the decision making will come with time, there was an opportunity for him to put the ball in early yday for the 3rd goal, he didn’t do it however he also kept his composure and then made a cutback for Kellyman who hit the post. That is important, if you don’t execute a move first fine don’t panic, keep composed and try to work another opportunity. 

big philogene-bidace fan and have been since I saw him in preseason 2 seasons ago and 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

A lot of youngsters around Philogene's age are going to be late developers because they're from the covid generation that missed vital development time because of that. Doubly so with Philogene because of how late he came into the professional club academy system.

I agree he's a hard worker that tracks back well, easy to presume with a player of his type that the opposite is true, but if you watch him play over a period of time you see how hard he works, he also reads the game well as well, especially considering how late he came into the game at an high level.

Something I think Emery would appreciate. Seems to have good defensive stats for a forward players. He’d be useful in the front press winning the ball back.

Has to learn to play with his head up, particularly if he wants to make it under Emery, he has all the tricks and turn of pace in the world but he needs to be aware of where his teammates are. If he can add that he really could be something special. That said, he’s going to be vying with Diaby, Bailey and Traore for a spot in the match day squad so chances may be limited (although the latter two seem to pick up injuries fairly regularly)

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Has to learn to play with his head up, particularly if he wants to make it under Emery, he has all the tricks and turn of pace in the world but he needs to be aware of where his teammates are. If he can add that he really could be something special. That said, he’s going to be vying with Diaby, Bailey and Traore for a spot in the match day squad so chances may be limited (although the latter two seem to pick up injuries fairly regularly)

Doubt Traore will be here. You also have to wonder how long it would take for him to surpass Bailey if Leon performs like he did through large parts of last season. 

Â