Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If we still have no traction here by Monday, it's time to move on and find alternatives methinks 

Are we sure we aren't in for anyone so far apart from him?

Although I agree with you if we were really waiting for him.

42 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Are we sure we aren't in for anyone so far apart from him?

No, we don’t know anything at all. Villa is tight as a drum, foreign journos with better connections to target players/clubs are the best source of info on potential targets. The Kosovan guy seems pretty credible to me:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Awol said:

No, we don’t know anything at all. Villa is tight as a drum, foreign journos with better connections to target players/clubs are the best source of info on potential targets. The Kosovan guy seems pretty credible to me:

Agreed, Sadiku seems like he is close to the movements of Kosovan players. I'd trust what he says with regards to Rashica. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If we still have no traction here by Monday, it's time to move on and find alternatives methinks 

Why, if we make this happen on Thursday, would that be any worse? 

Also, I'm confident the club has 10 alternatives, better or worse. 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Why, if we make this happen on Thursday, would that be any worse? 

Also, I'm confident the club has 10 alternatives, better or worse. 

The way I see it is that the same credible "source" that has said we have been in talks over this for 2 weeks now, also has said he prefers a move to a CL side and RBL being named. It shows we're not exactly his pick of the litter. 

As you also point out, the club probably have a list of alternatives. I see very little reason to keep pursuing him when we got good alternatives that can be brought in so we get a decent preseason. Settling in these new players, getting them up to speed through a preseason and everything else around a move to Brum, is something I see quite important. So if we can move on to another supposedly quality player, and avoid getting him in or failing to do so in the last minute, I'd prefer to do that. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The way I see it is that the same credible "source" that has said we have been in talks over this for 2 weeks now, also has said he prefers a move to a CL side and RBL being named. It shows we're not exactly his pick of the litter. 

As you also point out, the club probably have a list of alternatives. I see very little reason to keep pursuing him when we got good alternatives that can be brought in so we get a decent preseason. Settling in these new players, getting them up to speed through a preseason and everything else around a move to Brum, is something I see quite important. So if we can move on to another supposedly quality player, and avoid getting him in or failing to do so in the last minute, I'd prefer to do that. 

I am pretty sure most of our players wanted to go to a Champions League club as well before signing for VIlla. I am sure if RBL wanted Wesley or Luiz last summer they would have waited as well

I get he wants champions league and backs himself for it. 

But at the same time, if only one club has met the valuation placed on him, does that not come into his thinking? 

If champions league clubs aren't willing to pay the required amount to get him, surely that speaks volumes about where he's wanted. 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I get he wants champions league and backs himself for it. 

But at the same time, if only one club has met the valuation placed on him, does that not come into his thinking? 

If champions league clubs aren't willing to pay the required amount to get him, surely that speaks volumes about where he's wanted. 

I get he's ambitious,  so he might be viewing a move to Villa as a sideways step.  In which case unless we're offering stupid wages it makes sense personally to stay where he is for a year. 

• Like 1

He's young. He can afford to join us and see how it goes for a season or 2. If we don't reach where he wants in that time he can move on in his prime. 

I wouldn't make too much of it. The PL and money is a huge draw. I also think if he wasn't very positive to our advances we'd have moved on already.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The window doesn't close until October 5th, if he's someone we really want we'll keep working on it.

Doesn't mean we can't also work on other targets and options at the same time. In this case it might be down to the players preferences but in a lot of cases clubs are asking for prices that will drop quick as time goes on.

But obviously I'd like us to get us much business done as early as possible while at the same time not waste money on inflated fees.