Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Yep, I hope we don't hang around like a teenager in love for too long here.  I understand the desire to play in the Champions League and it shows he's confident and ambitious but Aston Villa playing second fiddle to a team called Red Bull leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

FWIW I highly doubt Leipzig will be the same force next season unless they are planning on spending a fortune.

Just now, troon_villan said:

Yep, I hope we don't hang around like a teenager in love for too long here.  I understand the desire to play in the Champions League and it shows he's confident and ambitious but Aston Villa playing second fiddle to a team called Red Bull leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

FWIW I highly doubt Leipzig will be the same force next season unless they are planning on spending a fortune.

That’ll be the Red Bull - disgusting stuff 🤮

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nope.

All down to Milot.  It's him we are waiting on now. That's it.

What I mean is, if Leipzig meet Bremen's price, he's going to them. If not we're in with a shout. Ergo, it's all down to Leipzig.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

This year's "that thread" for sure. VT folklore being made right here.

and to think we can tell our grandchildren we were all on board for the ride, toot toot 

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

This year's "that thread" for sure. VT folklore being made right here.

We'll know we've turned a corner, if one of our summers "that thread" finally turns into a successful signing. 🙏

Scenes if we pull it off!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wes said:

My guess at the situation: Werder Bremen are going to sell him this summer. They would like the funds to improve the squad and the player wants to move on too. Werder Bremen would probably prefer to take the highest bid, as that helps them the most, which in this case is Villa. They would probably also prefer to sell him outside of their league (as most clubs prefer, so the chances of them coming back to haunt them is diminished).

He, like almost all players, wants to play in Europe. You can't begrudge him that. RB Leipzig have expressed an interest but are not willing/are not able (one of the two) to pay the same Transfer Fee that we will.

Now RB Leipzig getting that one game further in the Champions League than expected - to the Semi Finals, rather than just the Quarter Finals - does actually mean a fair bit more money in their coffers. I can see them having said to Rashica's Agent - "Wait until we're out of the CL before you decide anything. We'll see if we can match any other bid then." This would be in line with what the Kosovan journalist was discussing about the issue being resolved this week.

Ran out of likes but very good post.