Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't quite understand the reaction on them. Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagen and Juventus by the Agnelli Family who founded Fiat.

I think teams like Wolfsburg and Bayer still have 51% supporter ownership. I could be wrong shout that though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think teams like Wolfsburg and Bayer still have 51% supporter ownership. I could be wrong shout that though.

I believe 75% of Bayern is owned by a spin off company, with the rest owned  by Adidas, Audi and Allianz. Whatever is the case someone in Germany needs to win the Bundesliga instead of Bayern as it is very dull seeing the same teams winning the same league titles in  most leagues in Europe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

For all the hate RB Leipzig gets (some of it rightly so) it's not like as if they've done a Man City or PSG and spent billions on transfers. Their club record signing cost €30m (Naby Keita) and he's their only signing over €20m.

They have really good scouting and manage to snap up players before they make their big move, getting them for €10m-€15m and often much less than that. Only season where they spent a lot of money without also selling for a lot was in 16/17 when they were newly promoted to the Bundesliga. Boo! newly promoted club spending lots of money, boo! 

Yeah they are spending Red Bull money and I get why German fans don't like it due to the 51% rule they are cheating against. But it's not as if English clubs are spending their own money, it's loans from owners, banks and a comically inflated TV deal. 

£30m would be a club record for RB Leipzig, just as it would for us. Plastic club or not it's not as if they are spending money willy nilly.

For your TV deal comment ... 

10 minutes ago, paul514 said:

For your TV deal comment ... 

I imagine there is some costs to starting something like that? Server halls, productions and what not.

But if they can get out of the deals they have I'm sure they are looking at it.

Hope it all blows up, the PL money has already ruined football beyond repair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I imagine there is some costs to starting something like that? Server halls, productions and what not.

But if they can get out of the deals they have I'm sure they are looking at it.

Hope it all blows up, the PL money has already ruined football beyond repair.

Yea loads of costs but the revenue is exponentially more

Direct streaming for premier league games with full match replays available world wide. Charge per game or whatever. 

This is hardly a moonshot. Just a modern entertainment service. Hell go buy the tech off NBC who already did this for the USA last year and what a fantastic service it was.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Evening chaps, any more news regarding this potential signing

Nope not really. If you are to believe the rumours...

- Werder would like to sell him to us as we have offered a fee they are happy with
- Rashica wants to play in the Champions League
- Leipzig are interested but have yet to have a bid accepted
- Rashica is taking his time. If Leipzig refuse to increase their offer then we have a good chance of signing him. 
- Rashica isn't playing in Werder's friendly games as they anticipate a sale soon. 

Pretty much sums it up I think based on the rumours. How true it is is anyone's guess.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely with Leipzig out of CL now they'll make a decision on how seriously they want him?

He's not playing in Bremen's warm up games so can't believe this is going to run for weeks. The danger then is he'll be miles off fitness and everyone will be disappointed if he signs and is miles off the pace in his first few games.

Anyway still think we've got a decent chance of getting him in.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The danger then is he'll be miles off fitness and everyone will be disappointed if he signs and is miles off the pace in his first few games.

By the looks of the McGinn thread he won’t be the only one rocking a body like a dropped lasagne. All the same I’d still like Rashica in, two weeks of hard beasting & he’d be good to go.  

• Like 1