Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He carries the team. People are saying he’s overhyped because of the penalties but take the penalties away and he’s still been Chelsea’s best player by a mile and looks quality every game. 

Anyway back on topic. Ollie to grab a brace on Saturday.

I love Ollie but with the race for top4, coefficient fc, and the conference league, I absolutely do not have the mental energy to overly care whether he gets the golden boot or not. Sure Id be pleased but I’m too busy counting coefficient points to start tracking the goals involvements of Palmer and Solanke as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I love Ollie but with the race for top4, coefficient fc, and the conference league, I absolutely do not have the mental energy to overly care whether he gets the golden boot or not. Sure Id be pleased but I’m too busy counting coefficient points to start tracking the goals involvements of Palmer and Solanke as well.

Haven't totted it up, but surely when assists are included as well no one is touching him for PL goal involvements this season

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Palmer is just 1 off of him to be fair

Hadn't appreciated that he had that many assists as well, some season for him

I'm more bothered about Ollie breaking 20 league goals, incredible that no one has done it for us in the top division for so long. I'm sure he'll be doing everything in his power for the golden boot though

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Looking at that list, can anyone remember a time when the top players were this unlikeable?

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Looking at that list, can anyone remember a time when the top players were this unlikeable?

Yeah, the only likeable one isn’t even on the list 😂

On 15/04/2024 at 00:45, HalfTimePost said:

Nevermind, just found it. Ollie has a chance to do something that has only happened at this club once in the last 123 years and outright win the Top Flight Golden Boot.

Last joint winner: Peter Withe 1980/81 with 20 Goals (same as Spurs' Steve Archibald)

Last outright winner: Tom Waring 1930/31 with 49 Goals

Full List

- Peter Withe 1980/81 (20, w/ Spurs' Steve Archibald)

- Andy Gray 1976/77 (25, w/ Arsenals Malcolm Macdonald)

- Tom Waring 1930/31 - 49 Goals

- Harry Hampton 1911/12 (25, 3-way tie w/ David McClean from Sheff Weds & George Holley Sunderland)

- Billy Garraty 1899/00 - 27 Goals

- Fred Wheldon 1897/98 - 21 Goals

- John J. Campbell 1895/96 (20, w/ Derby's Steve Bloomer)

Expected to see Pongo on this list but good to see his brother did well too

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

How amateurish is that, no Watkins (29), no Solanke (20), no Morris (13).....

what a bunch of media tools.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Neither Solanke...I guess "forwards" doesn't include strikers...

Seems to be the logic, but Brennan Johnson, Gibbs White nowhere to be seen. Weird, stupid list!

51 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Seems to be the logic, but Brennan Johnson, Gibbs White nowhere to be seen. Weird, stupid list!

Well there's a good reason why Brennan Johnson isn't on the list...

Brennan Johnson's 'unbelievable' week with Wales World Cup glory and Forest  promotion - BBC Sport

• Haha 1

Amazing pen by Ollie. Crowd did everything they could to freeze him out and he just banged it top bins anyway. 

• Like 1

Â