Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Incredible, yes.

As soon as Luiz misses one, I think he'll be there now asking for them back.

definitely, any opportunities for pens in the league now should surely go to Ollie if he wants them, depending on the state of the game they're in

13 hours ago, jayEm said:

I don't want to take anything away from him because he's absolutely brilliant, but his goal today takes a deflection of Smith-Rowe, right? He goes for a chip of sorts but it's the touch off the top of ESR's boot that loops it up over the keeper yeah? Might have gone in anyway but it's not quite the sublime chip I initially thought it was

Again, not trying to detract from him, he forces the goal either way and he's been sensational this season. Beautiful player.

I don't think it did deflect? I have only watched it 3,000 times since yesterday though so can't be too sure.

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not for me I'm afraid.

If we get to a position where 4th is wrapped up then go for it. Until then I want our best penalty taker taking pens, and Watkins is unfortunately not at the top of that list.

Even games that seem like they're won, I'd want Luiz on pens. Look at the Brentford game. I don't want to give up anything

Agree. Priorities.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not for me I'm afraid.

If we get to a position where 4th is wrapped up then go for it. Until then I want our best penalty taker taking pens, and Watkins is unfortunately not at the top of that list.

Even games that seem like they're won, I'd want Luiz on pens. Look at the Brentford game. I don't want to give up anything

31 minutes ago, birdman said:

Agree. Priorities.

yeah fair enough, but if his confidence is high, the game/ challenge is won and we can facilitate the guy achieving records it would be another great achievement :)

12 minutes ago, numbersix said:

yeah fair enough, but if his confidence is high, the game/ challenge is won and we can facilitate the guy achieving records it would be another great achievement :)

Yes when the job at hand is achieved or we've done as much as we can have no problem handing Ollie extra goal opportunities but for the time being Dougie is the man for pens. He's ice cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not for me I'm afraid.

Missing a pen might actually get Ollie off track.

• Like 2

One of those players who have always passed on my eye test and I will always show patience to those players.

People went on about how many chances he missed but I always saw it as a positive.

Getting into scoring position is the hard part and an attribute. Putting them away is the easy part, that will come with some confidence and good coaching.

Edited by Pinebro

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think it did deflect? I have only watched it 3,000 times since yesterday though so can't be too sure.

It does.

But I'm choosing to ignore it

Listen to this from Ollie,  attitude has changed, there's a confidence that I have never seen in him before. He's going to break some records for us that's for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He is getting a fair bit of quiet praise in the media atm, but you’d hardly know that he’s second only to Haaland this season. Can’t help but compare this to the flash in the pan when Nketiah was scoring for Arsenal: next big thing, blah blah. 

Maybe Ollie thrives off this sort of thing? 

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Listen to this from Ollie,  attitude has changed, there's a confidence that I have never seen in him before. He's going to break some records for us that's for sure.

I can't tell if that is Dougie or his doppleganger in the back acting as security

11 hours ago, tinker said:

Stand out player, stand out attitude!

• Like 1

Â