Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Genuinely unbelievable season he’s having. Should be favourite for player of the year with the season he’s having. Just writing that sentence is insane.

He was frustrated coming off in the tunnel video as to how he hadn't scored.

You win 3-1, play like that, and all you are thinking about is another goal.

He's got to know Saturday is his chance. It's him versus Palmer, time to earn the praise.

With him playing like he did today his going to be very close to top scorer. He's due a few goals after todays performance, best forward display I have seen in a long time.

1 minute ago, DeepDish said:

I echo the sentiment of everyone else here. But would also add that he is an absolute gentleman on the pitch.

A great character I agree, a big reason he his where he is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

I echo the sentiment of everyone else here. But would also add that he is an absolute gentleman on the pitch.

Literally never tries to cheat or gain an unfair advantage ever! Top guy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

And off. I’ve never once heard of him in the tabloids like with some other players we’ve seen over the years.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

41 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Literally never tries to cheat or gain an unfair advantage ever! Top guy.

Genuinely Tom it makes me so happy to see you bigging him up. I know he’s not the perfect footballer, but he works so hard and he’s such a genuinely nice guy. The improvement in him this last 12-18 months is fantastic. I’m so proud to see someone like him representing our football club. Up the Oliver George Arthur Watkins!! 

• Like 2

He did all bar score today. Bournemouth fans are praising him on Twitter as they reckon their CB Zabarnyi has been great all season but couldn't get near Ollie today. 

He has to go to the Euros but that Villa-hating fraud of an England manager just won't give him a chance even when he goes. 

The aren't many wingers that transfer their game to being a forward as good as Ollie has become. 

10 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Genuinely Tom it makes me so happy to see you bigging him up. I know he’s not the perfect footballer, but he works so hard and he’s such a genuinely nice guy. The improvement in him this last 12-18 months is fantastic. I’m so proud to see someone like him representing our football club. Up the Oliver George Arthur Watkins!! 

Mate, he's been phenomenal this season. I never had anything against him, his weaknesses frustrated me. But his allround game now is just superb. Improved in every single area. Literally unplayable today.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

He’s simply amazing! The best in the league this season imho. 

Agree. Pretty incredible some fans felt he wasn’t good enough for this level not that long ago. 

• Like 1

I never thought I’d say this but he reminded me of my favourite player of all time today, Brazilian Ronaldo. Obviously not as good, but the way he comes short, turns, runs with it, lays it off, his movement. I was stunned by that second half performance, especially after the exerts at Lille on Thursday. I was always impressed by the way he could hold up the ball with his back to goal and defenders on top of him. On top of that, he’s now turning with the ball and running through the heart of the opposition defence. Incredible the level he’s gone to. I thought Luiz was a shoe in for our player of the season again before Christmas but Watkins has been a sensation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 479Villan said:

He was frustrated coming off in the tunnel video as to how he hadn't scored.

You win 3-1, play like that, and all you are thinking about is another goal.

He's got to know Saturday is his chance. It's him versus Palmer, time to earn the praise.

It's more about the team surely. 20 goals is icing on the cake. Top 4 is all that matters.

21 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I never thought I’d say this but he reminded me of my favourite player of all time today, Brazilian Ronaldo. Obviously not as good, but the way he comes short, turns, runs with it, lays it off, his movement. I was stunned by that second half performance, especially after the exerts at Lille on Thursday. I was always impressed by the way he could hold up the ball with his back to goal and defenders on top of him. On top of that, he’s now turning with the ball and running through the heart of the opposition defence. Incredible the level he’s gone to. I thought Luiz was a shoe in for our player of the season again before Christmas but Watkins has been a sensation. 

That's a great comparison.

Â