Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

His footwork is at a much higher level than even 9 months ago. Twists and turns in tight areas and then bursts of acceleration. He almost burned one of their defenders doing that but the ball just got away from him. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DeepDish said:

I echo the sentiment of everyone else here. But would also add that he is an absolute gentleman on the pitch.

He represents the club exquisitely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

It's more about the team surely. 20 goals is icing on the cake. Top 4 is all that matters.

He wanted the goal, he's said he wants the golden boot.

Keep in mind he said he wanted the golden boot last week, and then this week was handing out assists.

I want him frustrated, that's a good thing for him.

But he will absolutely see this weekend as a chance to prove himself against Cold Penalty.

• Like 1

Pretty much the perfect performance without actually scoring today.

His hold up play was beautiful to watch. Touch was perfect. A threat throughout with his runs off Zabrayni (who's a decent CB) and a couple of excellent assists. 

This is where he's improved so much from 18 months ago where a game without scoring would mean him missing a couple of one on ones and losing the ball too much in the final third.

He's genuinely one of the best in the league now. Southgate needs to be sent to the tower and locked away if he choses Toney with his 5 games in 12 months or Rashford over him as that would just defy any logic whatsoever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeepDish said:

I echo the sentiment of everyone else here. But would also add that he is an absolute gentleman on the pitch.

Yes I've been saying this too. A complete class act. The anti-Toney.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s got the same number of goal involvements as KDB’s best ever season. Salah has only ever had one better season. Son and Fernandes have never had a season that good. 

He’s the player of the season. 

Last season Harry kane had 30 goals and 3 assists, Watkins is hopefully going to better that this year with zero penalties. It won't have been since 20/21 that Kane will have had more goal involvements than Watkins in a premier league season and not since 2017 before that.

I think it's fairly reasonable to begin questioning whether it should indeed be kane starting upfront despite his prolificness in the bundesliga. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Last season Harry kane had 30 goals and 3 assists, Watkins is hopefully going to better that this year with zero penalties. It won't have been since 20/21 that Kane will have had more goal involvements than Watkins in a premier league season and not since 2017 before that.

I think it's fairly reasonable to begin questioning whether it should indeed be kane starting upfront despite his prolificness in the bundesliga. 

Harry Kane had that season where he had 22 goals and 14 assists (had the most in the league for both), and somehow didn't get POTS. Ollie just needs 3 more goals and 2 more assists, but I fear history might repeat itself 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Harry Kane had that season where he had 22 goals and 14 assists (had the most in the league for both), and somehow didn't get POTS. Ollie just needs 3 more goals and 2 more assists, but I fear history might repeat itself 

He won golden boot though. 

In a weird way, I wonder if Troy Deeney recent comments about him might have inadvertently assisted us.

Ollie seems like such a nice, unassuming bloke but wonder if the comments riled him up a bit and gave him a point to prove?

He properly had the bit between his teeth in that second half and was virtually unplayable. I know he's normally pretty relentless but it was like he'd gone up another level again. The human psychology is a strange thing at times.

Not giving Troy any credit for it mind, he's still an absolute bellend who's not fit to lace Ollie's boots.

Edited by Biskitt
  • Like 1

Shame he didn’t get a goal. He was so desperate for it but fatigue from Thursday meant his feet weren’t working as quick as his brain wanted to. 

He is on course for golden boot, top assists and POTY. Imagine if he won all 3…

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bailey should've ushered the ball into the net to give Watkins 20 lol

Would need some magic as it was going wide ;)

13 hours ago, DeepDish said:

Proud to say that we have quite a few of those (is this the most likeable bunch we’ve ever had?), a lot of it comes from the manager who is the best, classiest and most dignified in every way. Puts the others to shame.

The more the players can absorb from him (inc character & personality) and his teaching/coaching methods, the better…

Ollie has always been a throughly good bloke though and now he is a throughly class player 👏

Â