Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Emi would fit in well on here. Called out the media for focusing on the 'big six' and said Ollie should be, or at least be up there for POTY.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ollie's now scored 59 PL goals in 141 games. Just 14 behind Gobby.

A chunk of those games were under the fraud that is Gerrard so probs would’ve beaten it already if it wasn’t for those dark days 

Edited by thabucks

Just arguing with someone who is adamant Ivan Toney is the better option for England due to his link up play and the fact he's different to Kane. And the old chestnut Ollie had a quiet game etc etc 🤦You can't have the season Ollie is having and not be picked. Surely that is just facts? 

• Like 3

Just now, birdman said:

Just arguing with someone who is adamant Ivan Toney is the better option for England due to his link up play and the fact he's different to Kane. And the old chestnut Ollie had a quiet game etc etc 🤦You can't have the season Ollie is having and not be picked. Surely that is just facts? 

If Halaand was English there'd be a argument, never mind misfiring Toney. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Ollie is much more different to Kane than Toney.

• Like 1

Is that 26 goals and 10 assists so far this season?

That's incredible. It's hard to think of any Villa striker in my lifetime who has had a better season.

And it can still get better.

• Like 3

I honestly believe that even if he gets another couple of goals before the end of the season, he still isn't a sure thing for the England squad. That's how little I rate Southprick.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Guardian_Angel_M said:

Magnificent finish. How he deliberatedly allowed Smith-Rowe to be close and time the chip. Wow.

Not many players could have scored that goal. Ollie is in a state of bliss.

• Like 1

Best striker we’ve had in my lifetime. That was an unbelievable finish and he was unlucky to hit the post. Surely he’s in the running for player of the season?!

• Like 2

His finishing and composure has come on so much it's ridiculous. One that hit the post was a great hit (similar to Spurs away) and was very unlucky. The chip under pressure from SR was just sublime.

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I honestly believe that even if he gets another couple of goals before the end of the season, he still isn't a sure thing for the England squad. That's how little I rate Southprick.

Makes no difference if he goes or not as he won't play more than a cursory 5 mins as a sub at the end of a meaningless group game anyway.

• Like 1

Top striker performance.

Was feeding on scraps but his passing was good when the ball came to him and took his chance incredibly well. Could've easily scored first half aswell.

If Southgate watches all that and still picks Rashford and Toney ahead of him.....🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

There’s no chance he’s not going to the Euros with his numbers. He’s likely to be a player of the season contender. 

I still don’t understand how his first shot hit the post and went out on the side. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen! 

His goal was world class!

Â