Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Yeah agreed with all this. I don't think it's fair to say he isn't getting service because we're creating heaps of chances and have literally the most creative player in the league alongside him. You have to be there to get them though, it works both ways. He seems the type that constantly strives to improve and I'm sure it's something he'll be working on tirelessly anyway.

He's been great otherwise. Said it after the Burnley game but he presses brilliantly and is as much of a reason as anyone for why we're so much harder to play through now, and for someone who was primarily a winger before wins a fair amount of physical battles he probably has no right.

I agree with that too

I really like him, he looks a thoroughbred and I have no doubt he will prove to be some player for us.

I was saying to my mate before the game that VAR seems to have improved in the last week or so. Especially after the Son goal. Then this happens. Seriously what are they seeing?

As for Watkins as I said before I think he’s a quality player. Has really improved the team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

spot on.

His decoy run, for Traore's goal, was typical top striker stuff.....very intelligent and unselfish, typical of a player, reading the play....thats the sort of movement,we want.

He is 5 minutes in the Prem....He will be ok....just needs to work on a few things, it will come.

I think he will be a really good player for us.

Yes I really like him. 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Think he will be there / thereabouts at 20 goals come the end of the season which Villa haven't had since like the year 1588 or around the time of the armada i think...

Not far off. Benteke is the only player we've had that has reached 10 since the O'Neill era. If Watkins hits 20 in his first PL season he'll be knocking on the England squad door.

Great contribution to the first goal - the header then drawing all the defenders. Second his run drew all the defence again. And a goal disallowed. He’s playing really well for a guy still in his first half season in the PL.

• Thanks 1

Think he's been amazing when he's pulled out wide today, played big part in the goal and hit a superb cross that AEG couldn't put away.

Long term I'd like to see him start out wide more and we get in new CF in the window.

Not convinced by his hold up play although he is up against a man mountain in Kouyate in fairness.

"Lack of service" shouts incoming...

Seriously though it's a shame he's either lacking in confidence or just off form in front of goal at the moment because he's been brilliant otherwise. Willing him to get one soon because once that clicks the sky is the limit for him. 

Edited by Indigo

Â