Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The tshirt sleeve rule

Honestly think it's madness to look at something like that if the ball is scored with the foot which should be the main criteria.

If cross is swung in and he goes for a header and ball goes in off his shoulder that's when you should look at t-shirt rule or of course the head.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Just make the rule "clear daylight".  If any part of you is level, you're not offside.

If any part of the ball is still on the line you're allowed to take a corner, it's not a goal etc.  The offside rule is the opposite.

This should be the rule.

• Like 1

He’s a strange player for me.

sometimes he does absolutely incredible, showing quite amazing touches, strong, and intelligent, superb hold up play and good pace and skills.

At other times he’s like a toddler with the ball, his own legs getting in the way and passing in random directions.

VAR hates him.

• Like 1

Just now, Thug said:

He’s a strange player for me.

sometimes he does absolutely incredible, showing quite amazing touches, strong, and intelligent, superb hold up play and good pace and skills.

At other times he’s like a toddler with the ball, his own legs getting in the way and passing in random directions.

VAR hates him.

If he improves at the rate of Trez, Targett and Douglas Luiz he'll be in the national team next year.

• Like 1

Cant just be me who's confused why his was offside whilst Anwar's first seemingly wasn't even looked at? Seemed like both had an arm goal side of the defender to me. 

Feel for him, had a good game today and its no coincidence that our other attacking players are getting more chances with him in the side. He will do well for us in the long run.

for his first season in the top flight, tbh i think he's doing very well.

remember what some of our other new players were like for most of last season?, he needs time to settle like they needed, and tbh i think he is doing pretty well so far, he certainly makes the team better.

I think whilst it's a little concernining that chances aren't really falling to him atm, I think we'd severely miss him if he wasn't on the pitch. He does a lot for the team. Just need to get him a few more goals. He's doing fine though really. 

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

But neither of them were offside. Just horrible calls.

Technically they were. The problem is the rule not the implementation of VAR. He has to be more careful in the future unfortunately.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Cant just be me who's confused why his was offside whilst Anwar's first seemingly wasn't even looked at? Seemed like both had an arm goal side of the defender to me. 

Feel for him, had a good game today and its no coincidence that our other attacking players are getting more chances with him in the side. He will do well for us in the long run.

Anwars forearm was offside but not the rest of him. Same with watkins sadly but VAR is determined to screw him. 

Â