Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

12 minutes ago, a-k said:

Exactly. To put it in perspective, Aguero had 6 in his first 11 in his debut Premier League season. The best striker we've had since Benteke and he's being slated...

Huh? Aguero scored 8 goals in his first 5 Prem games lol.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sergio-aguero/leistungsdaten/spieler/26399/plus/0?saison=2011

10 goals in 11 games.

Sorry but WTF are you talking about?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rayk said:

Huh? Aguero scored 8 goals in his first 5 Prem games lol.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sergio-aguero/leistungsdaten/spieler/26399/plus/0?saison=2011

10 goals in 11 games.

Sorry but WTF are you talking about?

failed ewan mcgregor GIF

I was looking at a different stat sheet that showed he scored in 6 of his first 11 games...missed that he scored more than one in some of those. An understandable error.

• Like 1

Watkins taking some flak in the match thread, but I'll repeat what I said there:

He's not a technically perfect player. His game isn't for YouTube highlights. What he brings is 90 mins of clever runs, dragging the defence all over the place, decent hold up play for his size, and he gets on the end of stuff. It's given him 6 goals in 10 PL apps. He will have periods when things aren't clicking, but he's a quality player.

• Like 4

The service to him in the first half has been shocking.

We've played really well, had the majority of possession yet managed to treat him as a target man for 45 minutes.

Hopefully second half the game will open up a bit and allow us the space to find him with one of his runs. He's doing everything right up there.

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

His confidence has dropped a bit the last few weeks but still gives everything. Also a better player against good teams who don't park the bus.

I agree, he needs a goal soon; he has been very unlucky with VAR. The two goals he has had wiped out, I couldn't tell either way. He is working very hard for the team, but even his hold up play is looking sloppy.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I know he's missed a few,m but at 2-0 up in the dying moments, I'd hope he'd have the confidence to step up and take the penalty. I want this lad being greedy and getting as many goals as he can. 

Given his record and the pressure he'd feel to end that and also end a sort-of scoring drought, I think that could be the worst thing for him.

He just needs to keep working hard and it'll come - hell, it should've tonight.

He has been robbed of two goals in the last couple of weeks.

Thought he did well tonight and worked very hard, took his chance nicely when it came. Only criticism would be he needs to be a little stronger at times when holding the ball up but its clearly not his game so that is to be expected.

• Like 1

Slightly worried with his goal scoring but he definitely contributes. His work rate and athleticism cause issues even if it doesn't always come off. 

Without having a dig, we'd be much worse with Wesley IMO. I say this only to highlight that I think Watkins offers us things, even when not scoring goals. 

Â