Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

On 31/08/2020 at 10:13, avfcDJ said:

I really like Watkins and can see him scoring 12-15 goals in his first season and then perhaps more from that point. I can also see him going through a dry spell next season so we need to stick with him. I reckon 6 goals before Christmas. None till March, then another 6-9.

👀

• Like 4

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Werner at Chelsea gets stick for lack of goals as well.

If I'm honest whenever I watched them, he works his bollox off and sets up alot as well. As an identical example IMO.

I have no issues with Ollie. 20+ goals next season. Absolute class act. 

• Like 1

He’s key to everything we do. His mobility, pace and work rate creates so much for us. He’s also the reason we aren’t conceding as many goals as we were last season. Defending from the front is massively important in this league.

Fantastic signing. 

• Like 2

Excellent today.

He should have scored at least one but I love that he didn't hide and kept getting into positions and taking shots, that is something players have to do to be consistent goal scorers.

He could easily be well into double figures for goals scored now, just needs to keep his confidence and goals will come.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Excellent today.

He should have scored at least one but I love that he didn't hide and kept getting into positions and taking shots, that is something players have to do to be consistent goal scorers.

He could easily be well into double figures for goals scored now, just needs to keep his confidence and goals will come.

Don't disagree with any of that, the kid is going to be a superstar. Just on thst bit highlighted though, I have thought a couple of times this season that he perhaps has tried too hard in some instances to try and justify the price tag, almost like he hasn't completely convinced himself that he deserves to be at this level. 

That isn't a criticism, I just feel that with a few more goals that confidence with grow and he'll become a totally different animal. 

I've got no concerns at all he'll get there, the kid is a star. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Don't disagree with any of that, the kid is going to be a superstar. Just on thst bit highlighted though, I have thought a couple of times this season that he perhaps has tried too hard in some instances to try and justify the price tag, almost like he hasn't completely convinced himself that he deserves to be at this level. 

That isn't a criticism, I just feel that with a few more goals that confidence with grow and he'll become a totally different animal. 

I've got no concerns at all he'll get there, the kid is a star. 

I think he is quite hard on himself, which is a good thing generally because it means he is driven but he can't be too hard on himself.

I said earlier in the thread that I really think we need a forward coach to work with him and Wesley when he returns, despite how well he is doing I really think this is vital.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he is quite hard on himself, which is a good thing generally because it means he is driven but he can't be too hard on himself.

I said earlier in the thread that I really think we need a forward coach to work with him and Wesley when he returns, despite how well he is doing I really think this is vital.

Im hard on myself, it means I tend to achieve more than my peers as I am always self criticising and if helps me work out what is better and how to get there. 

I love Ollie and I love that he has that same attribute.

Just now, avfcDJ said:

Im hard on myself, it means I tend to achieve more than my peers as I am always self criticising and if helps me work out what is better and how to get there. 

I love Ollie and I love that he has that same attribute.

I'm the same, which is great if things are going well. It can though be counter productive when they aren't, that is why external influence and management is also really important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure he's a natural finisher, but he's a great player. Loved seeing him still running the Palace defence ragged after the clock had turned red in the second half, and he and Grealish look telepathic on the break at times.

I must admit I laughed aloud at how he managed not to score those chances Grealish served him up at the end of the game, but the rest of the team is getting goals as a result of his play. My only worry is for his confidence if the goal drought continues, so I'm really glad he got man of the match - hopefully it reinforces how highly rated he is by the fans.

Â