Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

13 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I don’t think there’s much of an element of him being an Arsenal fan tbh - you probably leave that behind when you become an established PL footballer. Must be hard to support a team when you see them and their players as your rivals.

If someone came in with a head turning, mind boggling offer for Ollie (say Manure) what sort of numbers you think would catch our attention? 

4 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

If someone came in with a head turning, mind boggling offer for Ollie (say Manure) what sort of numbers you think would catch our attention? 

£130m 

6 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I don’t think we’d even consider anything less than £100m. But it’s hard to put any figure on it, because I can’t see any other team thinking he’s worth how much we value him, and I can’t imagine we’d be able to find a replacement capable of doing everything he does even with £100m in the kitty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I don’t think we’d even consider anything less than £100m. But it’s hard to put any figure on it, because I can’t see any other team thinking he’s worth how much we value him, and I can’t imagine we’d be able to find a replacement capable of doing everything he does even with £100m in the kitty.

Yeah that is true, we definitely see the real value in him but he’s turning heads now and I think everyone can see the sort of player he can become. 
If Manure are willing to spending 72m on Hojlund who can’t even tie Ollie’s boat laces then I think they’d stump up over 100m without a doubt. Even more so with the season they’ve had, looking at us with the season we’ve had and Ratcliffe saying get him at all costs. 

replacing him is another question, who and where do you find someone and can you mould someone into a similar player for half the price. If anyone can it’s our Unai.

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Yeah that is true, we definitely see the real value in him but he’s turning heads now and I think everyone can see the sort of player he can become. 
If Manure are willing to spending 72m on Hojlund who can’t even tie Ollie’s boat laces then I think they’d stump up over 100m without a doubt. Even more so with the season they’ve had, looking at us with the season we’ve had and Ratcliffe saying get him at all costs. 

replacing him is another question, who and where do you find someone and can you mould someone into a similar player for half the price. If anyone can it’s our Unai.

Ollie’s got a boat?

16 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Yeah I was going to say between 120-140 so you’re right in the middle lol

Nah they'll be dealing with Monchi. Make that £175m and we might think about it.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

You won't replace him, I wouldn't swap him for any striker in the world. Its taken 40 years to find one like him and it Will probably take another 40 to get another.

Manure just want to weaken us, Ollies arguably the best player in the premier league, assists and goals, and defensive work and a great attitude and settled in the area. He stays unless the fee is over £200m and he goes abroad.

• Like 2

Very valid points and I agree with them. But put in context the flexibility and relief it would give our team with a 140m transfer is ridiculous. 
What I’m getting at Tinker is that Unai improves players, not just improve totally transform. 
You hand on heart believed Ollie would turn out like this? I sure as fark never ever would. Loved the player and knew he was good but by no means in the same stratosphere as Henry, Ronaldo(Bra) or say a Bergkamp and quite frankly he never will be as much as people say he is deep down we all know he’s an amazing player that under Unai’s guidance has improved ten fold. 

so if we could find a younger, incredibly talented and similar attributes and allow Emery to mould and coach him I’d definitely sell for anything over 140m  with all things considered. 

Just now, Chindie said:

The amount of money you'd need to spend to buy Watkins you'd go elsewhere.

Yep I agree.

It would take an insane number for us to consider. But if Ratcliffe sees Ollie as someone that shifts cultures, great leader,  league proven and wants a total reset then maybe you say “fark it get him” 

I’m only selling Ollie for the pure fact we’ve Unai, in Manures position not so sure lol

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Very valid points and I agree with them. But put in context the flexibility and relief it would give our team with a 140m transfer is ridiculous. 
What I’m getting at Tinker is that Unai improves players, not just improve totally transform. 
You hand on heart believed Ollie would turn out like this? I sure as fark never ever would. Loved the player and knew he was good but by no means in the same stratosphere as Henry, Ronaldo(Bra) or say a Bergkamp and quite frankly he never will be as much as people say he is deep down we all know he’s an amazing player that under Unai’s guidance has improved ten fold. 

so if we could find a younger, incredibly talented and similar attributes and allow Emery to mould and coach him I’d definitely sell for anything over 140m  with all things considered. 

I'm not sure, I haven't seen their stats but I would doubt they would be better, Henry or Bergkamp could not affect games for us like Ollie, they was the icing on top of a cake made up using wengers contacts within a French world cup winning squad. 

Ollie always had it in his game, watch his performance against Liverpool in the 7-2, he ran them ragged.  Emery, and his team,  have just gave him more confidence.

Best player in the premier league on stats, isn't he? 

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'm not sure, I haven't seen their stats but I would doubt they would be better, Henry or Bergkamp could not affect games for us like Ollie, they was the icing on top of a cake made up using wengers contacts within a French world cup winning squad. 

Ollie always had it in his game, watch his performance against Liverpool in the 7-2, he ran them ragged.  Emery, and his team,  have just gave him more confidence.

Best player in the premier league on stats, isn't he? 

Hahahha come on brother!! 1  out of 100 people would take Ollie over the  said above. Yes he works great in our system, works his arse off, is a great player and yes is improving and being more clinical but prime Ronaldo or Henry are in a different class. 
I love him and he plays for my beloved team but class is just class, no stats can show you that. 

yes my word he is! Thank fark he’s ours but upto 1.5yrs ago he was hit and miss correct? All I’m saying is if Unai can improve Ollie why can’t he for someone else because we can all see he’s done it for pretty much our whole team. 
if it allowed us drastically improve our financial situation and strengthened us in over areas of need too then I think Monchi and Unai consider it. 

The other thing to consider is that Ollie would be insane to want to move to United. Even if we leave aside the fact we're playing in the CL next season and they're not, why would you want to join a changing room full of dickheads? Or stop playing under Emery to go and play for <insert replacement for ETH here> who will probably only last a year before getting hounded out?

Just doesn't seem likely to me that Watkins will be leaving any time soon.

7 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

The other thing to consider is that Ollie would be insane to want to move to United. Even if we leave aside the fact we're playing in the CL next season and they're not, why would you want to join a changing room full of dickheads? Or stop playing under Emery to go and play for <insert replacement for ETH here> who will probably only last a year before getting hounded out?

Just doesn't seem likely to me that Watkins will be leaving any time soon.

Yes I agree, we’re talking in hypotheticals and having a discussion in what would turn our heads and the benefits to our finances and future spending. 
there’s no right or wrong answer, everyone has a different take and opinion on it. 

Â