Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

It's not my money.  I'd be delighted if we get the lad in.  Forget the amount, if he wants to come, he will do the business - and we need a player like him.  

I remember people turning their nose up at the money we ended up paying for Bent (with add-ons) - and he kept us up.  We have to accept we aren't an attractive proposition at the moment given we finished 17th by the skin of our teeth, and so we will likely have to pay a little more at this stage than others may expect.  

Come on Ollie, sign up lad!

• Like 1

Fee does seem excessive, but if we were paying this much for say MItrovic then I doubt there'd be as much surprise, and I watched quite a bit of both last season and Watkins was the far better forward, has such a brilliant all round game, can hold the ball up, bring others into play, has excellent workrate, tracks back, chases lost causes, good in the air, has pace, scores goals, versatile, maybe we've paid a little too much if it goes ahead, but I think he'll prove to be a very good signing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Rosk said:

It's not my money.  I'd be delighted if we get the lad in.  Forget the amount, if he wants to come, he will do the business - and we need a player like him.  

I remember people turning their nose up at the money we ended up paying for Bent (with add-ons) - and he kept us up.  We have to accept we aren't an attractive proposition at the moment given we finished 17th by the skin of our teeth, and so we will likely have to pay a little more at this stage than others may expect.  

Come on Ollie, sign up lad!

Bent was a proven PL goalscorer and England player though.

11 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

BBC so I’d say fairly reliable. I can’t help but feel we have been played by potential “Tottenham interest”.

We tried to play hardball and it didn't work. What would be worse if we continued to play hard ball and miss out on the player. 

Whether the fee is mad will be determined by how well he does. 

Bot ITSOTSDP 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hope he does a little better than our last signing from them....

Konsa? I think he's been as good as can be expected for a CB of his age in their first top flight season. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Thanks 1

Â