Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Good for them. Mind you the away end at St James Park was quite possibly the worst I have ever been to in a league club. Basically a lump of concrete!

We upgraded our away end last year :) 

We bought Barnets old one!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well the Exeter lad reckons his value will double with us.  And Brentford can get to **** with any sell on fee.

That probably depends on how much we bought him for......

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Shocking fee.

Although, in the context of 24 million for Wesley I suppose it doesn't seem  as bad.

Or £40m Joelinton. I know we didn't sign him, Newcastle did, but we could do way worse for way more money than £28m for Watkins. 

• Like 1

Just now, Daweii said:

Or £40m Joelinton. I know we didn't sign him, Newcastle did, but we could do way worse for way more money than £28m for Watkins. 

Exactly this. I think people need to get real with the price of strikers these days. 

• Like 3

FWIW, Brentford fans were on our forums worried about paying nearly £2m initially for him!

Now look how well they've done out of him. Give it 2 years and he'll be making a big money move to a top 6 side.

2 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Sorry but have to say it,I’ll drive him there for that money 😃by the way no word from Banana

I suppose the fee is great news for you guys. Do you think you'll invest it?

Problem is, youve lost at 26 goal striker and you have to now hope that Toney steps up. Depending on how you reinvest, losing Watkins definitely makes you weaker.

We're signing a striker that scored the same number of goals in the Championship last season as Tammy Abraham did the season before.

Yes, Tammy had a much bigger reputation, but he's now going to be worth close to, if not more than, £50m. We aren't going to be spending that on a striker, and even if we tried to I would imagine a £50m is going to want a wage that is way out of our budget at the moment.

We are signing a striker that not only could score a decent number of goals for us next season but also one that puts opposition defenders under pressure. We desperately need that in the team.

• Like 1

High fee but maybe a lower wage so the overall package of a 5 year deal isn't crazy bad, doubt he's rocking up with £80k a week wage demands (as in he'll be cheaper than Wilson overall) 

Can't see us getting 2 strikers if he's cost us that much though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exeter Fan said:

FWIW, Brentford fans were on our forums worried about paying nearly £2m initially for him!

Now look how well they've done out of him. Give it 2 years and he'll be making a big money move to a top 6 side.

I’d rather he just helped make us a top 6 side 😉

• Like 1

Â