Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

27 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I know that Nana knows, like me, Ollie is not going to any club to play 2nd fiddle, he's only going to a club if he's the main man, and why should he not live the dream?, that could be the reason why there is a delay in announcing the chosen club, or it could be neither club will give way on the price, we have his replacement already, so there is no urgency for us to sell.

Sorry but,.no Premier League club, bar maybe a newly promoted one is going to GUARANTEE Watkins - untested at this level - being the "main man'.

He would have a better chance being that with us for obvious reasons but still.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, jonjon said:

I know that Nana knows, like me, Ollie is not going to any club to play 2nd fiddle, he's only going to a club if he's the main man, and why should he not live the dream?, that could be the reason why there is a delay in announcing the chosen club, or it could be neither club will give way on the price, we have his replacement already, so there is no urgency for us to sell.

Pretty sure that is it.

It just seems a daft strategy from villa - we clearly need a striker - maybe it's the offer and asking price are much further apart than we thought.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

King is a better option than Wilson.

If you're Bournemouth though... surely you're asking for the £21m bid we've just made for Wilson again. Not a penny less. Maybe more!

I think his contract is up next year though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I feel unclean for having clicked on it. I was half expecting a pop up telling me my phone is infected with 32 viruses.

This sort of shite doesn’t even have a place on the dark web.

We've all done it and felt that gut wrenching rush of shame when you commit to something you don't believe in, but imagine owning the Mail, or working there and having their business model as your reason for getting up in the morning.

You are essentially a washed up old whore (or the pimp if you're the owner), whose job it is to trick people into consuming your product, by providing a service that is not what it says it is.

You essentially hate, or pity your customers for their stupidity in believing your schtick, but you are desperate for their money because you are lazy, so you justify it by saying to yourself, if they buy it, it's their fault for being gullible.

And I know, it's technically free because the advertisers actually pay for it, but that's exactly why the content is so cynical and soulless. They only want you to click, they don't care if you enjoy it.

The Mail's modus operandi is a thoroughly modern capitalist love story... transactional, empty, shameful and bankrupt. A cheap and nasty punt.

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We've all done it and felt that gut wrenching rush of shame when you commit to something you don't believe in, but imagine owning the Mail, or working there and having their business model as your reason for getting up in the morning.

You are essentially a washed up old whore (or the pimp if you're the owner), whose job it is to trick people into consuming your product, by providing a service that is not what it says it is.

You essentially hate, or pity your customers for their stupidity in believing your schtick, but you are desperate for their money because you are lazy, so you justify it by saying to yourself, if they buy it, it's their fault for being gullible.

And I know, it's technically free because the advertisers actually pay for it, but that's exactly why the content is so cynical and soulless. They only want you to click, they don't care if you enjoy it.

The Mail's modus operandi is a thoroughly modern capitalist love story... transactional, empty, shameful and bankrupt. A cheap and nasty punt.

I've quite often felt like pressing 1 on a con merchant call to speak to the real person and ask them how they live with themselves and why don't they get a proper job. I just worry I would then be targeted. 

The Mail are not dissimilar to that. Just making up shit to tempt you into clicking. 

32 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Is it time to lock this one. Feels like he was a target but as time goes on it looks less likely to happen. Can only assume that were apart on valuation of wages.

Another needlessly dramatic villatalk post (statement aimed broadly not just at you). Transfers take time. We don't know why because we don't know anything. Every year it's the same. Not just for us but for everyone. Every year. 

Â