Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Smith should have been sacked at Christmas. Makes my blood boil watching the same crap every week and junk excuses will come flowing again. Utd 2-0 up and not out of first gear. Against a Villa team who spent £140m in the summer. Smith needs to go and we need to start again with a manager who has premier league experience 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

They’re really good to be fair. Their wide players are showing us how it’s done at this level. They attack at such speed. 

We’re dreadful. 

Yep. Forget technical ability, just compare the physical attributes of both teams. We're a under 16 team playing mens football in this league. 

Our recruitment has **** up in literally every aspect needed to perform at this level

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

It was clearly a pen, we have a centre back at right back constantly making stupid tackles. What on earth is Grealish doing this game. Constantly gives the ball away 

Are you watching. He trod on our player and received a penalty for it. Studs into leg, I've seen sending odds for that! 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’re really good to be fair. Their wide players are showing us how it’s done at this level. They attack at such speed. 

We’re dreadful. 

They are so much faster at moving the ball and moving into space it makes you wonder what we do in training. 

I’m finished. We can’t get a break and can’t score goals.

FWIW I was calling for Smiths head but for me he’s turned it around and proved he can set up a team. He’s also learned (too late) that you can’t be hung ho in the PL, there too much quality, experience and savvy players and managers up here, he was naive. But we look more organised and now lack three decent attacking forwards of Premier League standard. I think we would struggle for goals in the championship as we are. It’s now about lack of attacking quality and individual errors which when your not scoring, cost you dearly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re dreadful. 

They transition really really well.

Douglas Luiz has developed loads. We're clearly going to lose him though with the deal we have with City - they'll just buy him back and sell him on.

Grealish hasn't been good enough today and when that's the case we've got no hope.

Samatta looks like he has no confidence at all.

I generally can't stand Trez but at least he bloody tries. Bit of a headless chicken at times but at least it picks our pace up a bit, which just totally drops so often. El Ghazi on the other hand I think is a better player but affects pressing rather than actually doing it. Hates going in for a challenge and is a total bottler.

Mings has been shit.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Yeah, that penalty decision that changed the game was entirely Smith's fault. 🙄

So you think us being second from bottom is because of that penalty decision? Have you been under a rock since last August?