Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

Take consolation in the dodgy penalty all we want. We are deservedly behind. Should be 3. If Luiz stays, give him the armband. Only one out there who looks like he cares and been good since Sheffield United. Jack - you are no captain.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Watch the behind-the-goal replay of that second goal. John McGinn was trudging back like an overweight pissed bloke running for the last bus home. He actually ends up a couple of yards behind Greenwood when the ball is returned to him. If McGinn had shown any pace at all he would have got back to intercept that pass. 

Sorry but this John McGinn isn't 10% of the player we saw last season

Rotherham, Sheffield Wednesday etc . 

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Yep and probably knocked £10m or so off his price.

Would make him play out his contract regardless, teach him to put more in because hes been absolutely rubbish since restart.

Just now, pacbuddies said:

So you think us being second from bottom is because of that penalty decision? Have you been under a rock since last August?

No. But in a relegation battle fine margins are sometimes the difference. It clearly wasnt a penalty

We don't have the squad for this level at all.

Something that dawned on me before this game. How many of the players playing were Aston Villa players when we got promoted?

I think McGinn, Jack and Taylor. Kinda crazy really.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Do they even practice set pieces at bodymoor because we absolutely dreadful

The fact they all go to hause tells me yes.

The fact he has a 50 pence price for a head tells me no.

Were just idiots.

What a load of dog dirt. No penalty but stamping on our players shin apparently is a pen to them.

Mcginn is playing terrible trying to slow it down or play risky passes, zero have come off and every one has resulted in use attacking and leaving us short at the back.

Grealish is guilty yet again of fkwittery on the ball and not releasing it.

Those two have been shocking today, the middle of our team.

Trez his normal rubbish self, el ghazi has this season deciding if he wants to play.

I can't stand this gutless cowering instead of getting at the ref when that appalling decision for the penalty. I mean what the actual f ?

Show some fight instead of just giving up which seems to be the standard position this squad has.

Gutless

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobSpain said:

They are so much faster at moving the ball and moving into space it makes you wonder what we do in training. 

Agreed on the first point but that’s what good players do. There’s only so much coaching does to an average player. You can’t just suddenly make Samatta, Trezeguet and El Ghazi do what their front 3 do. 

They have better players. Much, much better players. It wasn’t a pen and that’s cost us massively as we were putting in a good shift but if we’re all honest, we were never winning this match. They’re just so much better than us. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

So you think us being second from bottom is because of that penalty decision? Have you been under a rock since last August?

Tbf we have been screwed by similar decisions so many times this season. We should have 4 or 5 more points now than we currently do. 

Sky Sports have Gary Neville, Patrice Evra, and Roy Keane discussing the match. Great balance.

In fairness, at least both Evra and Keane said it wasn't a penalty.

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

Luiz absolute quality.

If any of our 'big' players stay, I hope its him.

Jack can go.. try to keep Luiz at all costs.

His head isn't in it anymore.

I'm not sure if that's just for Aston Villa, or in general, but something is up in the background.

• Like 1