Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

2 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Well said Keane.

The defenders need to be better. We give so much shit to our goalkeepers, but with trash like that in front of them we could have the worlds best goalkeeper between those sticks and we'd still be getting relegated. 

We need a complete rebuild. 

Everyone back to slating our defenders, yet no one is bashing our frontline nearly as much for not being better at crossing, picking out players, making chances count, being fast enough, helping the defence out when we are backed up. Our Wingers have been a massive problem all season and they should of been removed and given us more bodys in midfield.

Change of opinion from the last game. Players at fault for this match entirely. Nothing Smith can do about a dodgy VAR call, us wasting our chances,  and Mings seemingly having forgotten how to defend.

I'll still be angry with him if we are still 2-0 down and he makes no changes before 60 minutes, but the fact is our whole squad is not good enough.

• Like 1

Shocking penalty call, but Mings has been dire all game.

Things are seriously bad when Hause looks more like the senior defender than England capped Mings.

Grealish not turned up again. Absolutely shocking.

You can say its not on the manager, its the players letting him down.  To that i say:

He picks them

He instructs them

He coaches them

He is responsible for motivating and inspiring them.

I see no motivation or inspiration 9n the faces of those villa players, and that is on DS.

• Like 3

Got back home to see Mings stand back and watch goal 2, saw the NO penalty and Roy Keen kicking off. He is a nutter but IMO he was also right. He didn't do much at Villa, but he wouldnt stand for defenders backing off 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I see people papering over the cracks already.

We aren't losing this game because of the ref. We are losing because we are passive and can't defend. Greenwood goal is absolutely embarrassing defending.

Fair play, but let's be real. We were playing quite well up until that point.

I can understand why that would have knocked the stuffing out of the players and turned the tide.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We are losing because we are passive and can't defend. 

The penalty was their first effort on goal.

We were defending pretty well before it, but there's so little confidence in the side that as soon as we go behind it's over.

Awful decision and the whole game has been about it.

• Like 3

Just now, MrBlack said:

Change of opinion from the last game. Players at fault for this match entirely. Nothing Smith can do about a dodgy VAR call, us wasting our chances,  and Mings seemingly having forgotten how to defend.

I'll still be angry with him if we are still 2-0 down and he makes no changes before 60 minutes, but the fact is our whole squad is not good enough.

The only thing I would aim at Smith is mcginn shouldn't even be in the squad

Man's nowhere near fit

Nah you are all wrong about Mings he has the potential to be world class and we don’t deserve him if we go down and we are lucky to have an England CB with clubs like Man Utd or Arsenal circling... let’s not talk down his abilities .😉🤞🏻

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Look at that beautiful stadium. Should never be in the second tier ffs

Can it play upfront?