Match Thread: Villa v Man Utd

limpid

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm with you so far today mate.

This game has been EXTREMELY cruel, none of this today down to Smith.

I can't begin to express how gutted I am for him AND the team today.

I agree with you, this is officials, dirty utd and a crap system in place which is var.

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Watch the behind-the-goal replay of that second goal. John McGinn was trudging back like an overweight pissed bloke running for the last bus home. He actually ends up a couple of yards behind Greenwood when the ball is returned to him. If McGinn had shown any pace at all he would have got back to intercept that pass. 

Sorry but this John McGinn isn't 10% of the player we saw last season. 

Probably because it's not the championship. Need more than turning your arse to shield the ball at this level. 

Well said Keane.

The defenders need to be better. We give so much shit to our goalkeepers, but with trash like that in front of them we could have the worlds best goalkeeper between those sticks and we'd still be getting relegated. 

We need a complete rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't even care. I actively want us to get relegated, sooner we're back in the Championship the better. 

perhaps you should be in a different forum to this then.....

i can only assume this post is borne from frustration

if not you are the hands down winner of the worst post of the year

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Looks overweight.

He's clearly spent his time off recovering by bulking up as he is way too top heavy. 

McGinn, Mings and Grealish, on this form, would not be missed at all. 

• Like 1

One dodgy penalty call and everything goes out the window. Confidence is shot and it seems the lads have admitted defeat, massive shame as I thought this bunch could take us forward but it looks like we'll be going back down to the Championship for another rebuild sigh

5 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Did Roy Keane just say "I had a short time there" about us? Was half paying attention but that's what it sounded like.

Well, in fairness he was only here for a short time. About 5 months in 2014 as assistant manager IIRC.

Edited by TheStagMan

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

That's a red card! 

All day long.. the game has gone, with these kind of decisions.....Harry Kanes was nailed on pen too, in their game.

2 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Did Roy Keane just say "I had a short time there" about us? Was half paying attention but that's what it sounded like.

I was more surprised by the second sentence, he said “great club”. Thought he’d dislike us tbh.

I see people papering over the cracks already.

We aren't losing this game because of the ref. We are losing because we are passive and can't defend. Greenwood goal is absolutely embarrassing defending.

• Like 2