U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Just think, tens of millions have heard all this bullshit, and more, yet think "he's the man for me" rather than "what a moron".

Those people won’t have watched that video and if they did they’ll stick fingers i their ears and assume it’s fake news.

I don’t know how we overcome it or, if it even can be overcome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

has there been others apart from Bush?

Clinton, Kennedy, Roosevelt (albeit loosely), Adams. And plenty more, particularly at state and city level.

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Clinton, Kennedy, Roosevelt (albeit loosely), Adams. And plenty more, particularly at state level.

The article about Eric Trump did say he has “political ambitions of his own” so maybe he’ll run in 2024.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just think, tens of millions have heard all this bullshit, and more, yet think "he's the man for me" rather than "what a moron".

It’s mind blowing levels of stupidity, there’s no hope for these people. Changing the president won’t change how stupid millions of Americans are. They’re too far gone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

NBC predicting that Martha McSally is going to lose her Senate seat for Arizona to the Democrat Challenger

Senate with runoffs in January is going to be very interesting if this is the case

Shout out to her, she singlehandedly flipped the Senate blue in Arizona.

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Those people won’t have watched that video and if they did they’ll stick fingers i their ears and assume it’s fake news.

I think yank politics comes more with allegiance to the party too, they can see trump do some awful things and greet it with the notion that they'll always vote republican 

Conversely the 3 West Coast states have voted democratic for 30 years now 

We have an element of that here too but I always thought we had a much larger floating percentage (that might be wrong) 

Like most things in the states political allegiance seems very black and white 

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

A lot of it is indoctrination from media. If it were North Korea it would be called propaganda. I guess it's even been touched on in this thread, where the major cable "news" networks are so obviously biased one way or another. Even beyond the turtle insults, if you watched CNN's coverage, it almost feels like Villa fans covering the relegation battle. Everything is from the perspective of "what are the permutations needed to stay up" or in this case "how will the Democrat win", and the reverse is true for Fox News.

If you've ever watched a Fox segment of say Tucker Carlson or that judge Janine or whatever, it's just straight up 100% misinformation and misleading (and in Tucker's case, white nationalist propaganda). The problem is, these are businesses, and this "infotainment" still sells so while there's a market for this it's never going away.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If you've ever watched a Fox segment of say Tucker Carlson or that judge Janine or whatever, it's just straight up 100% misinformation and misleading (and in Tucker's case, white nationalist propaganda). The problem is, these are businesses, and this "infotainment" still sells so while there's a market for this it's never going away.

Unless someone in power brings in a law that programmes masquerading as news must either fact-check, be unbiased or have a large disclaimer showing that this is not news and for entertainment purposes only.     With an independent regulator who has proper teeth to massively fine or shut down those not following the rules. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think yank politics comes more with allegiance to the party too, they can see trump do some awful things and greet it with the notion that they'll always vote republican 

Conversely the 3 West Coast states have voted democratic for 30 years now 

We have an element of that here too but I always thought we had a much larger floating percentage (that might be wrong) 

Like most things in the states political allegiance seems very black and white 

Yep, people are far more concerned with being on the winning team now whatever the winning team looks like, and that’s true of the US more than anywhere as it’s simple there, you either win or lose.

They don’t even allow draws or ties in their sporting events, you have to keep playing until someone emerges victorious and that seeps into the wider culture there.

We really need to get away from having different versions of news dependent on the platform your viewing it on, the news should be the news, nothing more nothing less, people feel unable to trust ‘the news’ now because you don’t know if it’s actually the news any more.

Â