U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This is the first time I've really paid attention to a US election in detail. I find it very strange how media outlets 'call' the election and there's loads of cries over the internet for CNN and other networks to 'Call' it.

Just seems.... weird? Why not just wait until the votes are counted? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

One of the newsreaders in CNN described Trump as ‘an obese turtle stuck on its back in baking sunshine struggling for a last ounce of breath’.

I think it’s fair to assume they’re a little biased.

That doesn't change the facts. Trump is making unfounded, baseless claims and CNN are reporting it. He could destroy CNN"s apparent bias immediately. Easily. All he has do to do is present the evidence for his claims. 

I can see the problem with that one....

Edited by One For The Road

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seems someone is calling Biden the winner at this point. 

The secret service are.  Huge increase in agents arrived in his neighbourhood a short time ago and a no fly zone announced over his house. 

They'll be changing the private reg plates on Airforce 1 as we write. 

Biden is likely to win Pennsylvania by 80k+ votes and I can't see that being recount territory.  With that in mind assuming Biden takes Nevada and Arizona there is no point asking for a recount in Georgia (really close) or Wisconsin (20k in it) as it would not change the overall result. 

Even Trump would also find it nigh on impossible to legitimately launch legal challenges to try to allege wrong doing in 4 or 5 states. One or two may wash but not that many.

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Biden is likely to win Pennsylvania by 80k+ votes and I can't see that being recount territory.  With that in mind assuming Biden takes Nevada and Arizona there is no point asking for a recount in Georgia (really close) or Wisconsin (20k in it) as it would not change the overall result. 

Even Trump would also find it nigh on impossible to legitimately launch legal challenges to try to allege wrong doing in 4 or 5 states. One or two may wash but not that many.

His campaign have had 72 hours to come up with a legal argument they could actually push to court, and they've come up with zip.

Can stick a fork in this one, he's done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

It’s also quite telling how little support Trump is getting from his own party. You almost suspect some of them are quite happy to see him go. 

I guess that those people who unexpectedly won House seats and unexpectedly held Senate seats would rather he didn't keep banging on about fixed, illegitimate elections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I guess that those people who unexpectedly won House seats and unexpectedly held Senate seats would rather he didn't keep banging on about fixed, illegitimate elections.

Think that's clearly true TBH.

Republicans do not need him. They are likely to hold on to their Senate majority, are much closer than expected in the House, have got the benefit of his ramming through a 6th justice, and now they just need to wait and allow nothing for a couple of years before they inevitably sweep Congress in a backlash election in two years.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I clicked and saw a woman spewing some bullshit about the dems making AOC their face and that it was dems who demonized the black voters not the republicans and that race was not an issue in this election. I decided not to listen anymore.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

I clicked and saw a woman spewing some bullshit about the dems making AOC their face and that it was dems who demonized the black voters not the republicans and that race was not an issue in this election. I decided not to listen anymore.

Neither the anchor nor the woman in yellow allowed the guy to finish what he was saying if they didn't like it :lol:  

Poor bastard, hope he got paid. 

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Neither the anchor nor the woman in yellow allowed the guy to finish what he was saying if they didn't like it :lol:  

Poor bastard, hope he got paid. 

yeah they just cut him off too. he seemed like a very patient man, gotta give him that.

Â