U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

The good answer would have been "he's not an Arab, but if he was, so what?". As you say, his heart was in the right place, ie: trying to praise his opponent but it did kind of expose how he truly felt. Remember, this is the man who chose Sarah Palin as a running mate as a concession to the Tea Party who were rife with Islamophobia.

If there was 1 good thing about the Trump presidency, it's that he showed up the whole facade of "polite society" and the feigned "decency" of politicians who are otherwise monsters on policy (McCain being one of them). George Bush is another example who has since been rehabilitated by Democrats as a "decent man". Of course, he's done it with all the poise and grace of a sledgehammer as you'd expect.

I completely agree with you on the argument here, would just point out the Tea Party came after, as a response.  Which if anything is even worse, because he helped set the ground for it by selecting her in the first place.

(I'm sure the backlash to Obama post-election would have happened anyway, but he still shouldn't have selected someone manifestly unsuitable as his running mate anyway)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

BBC US correspondent just used the football analogy that Biden's five nil up in the last two minutes of the cup final. 

EDIT: He's probably taken the ball down to the corner flag, too. 

...and Trump has gone done in the penalty area clutching his face ala Patrick Bamford

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I completely agree with you on the argument here, would just point out the Tea Party came after, as a response.  Which if anything is even worse, because he helped set the ground for it by selecting her in the first place.

(I'm sure the backlash to Obama post-election would have happened anyway, but he still shouldn't have selected someone manifestly unsuitable as his running mate anyway)

Ah, the old memory playing tricks once again. I do remember the Tea Party being particularly rampant around 2009/10, especially with the whole Ground Zero mosque fiasco so that definitely tracks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ah, the old memory playing tricks once again. I do remember the Tea Party being particularly rampant around 2009/10, especially with the whole Ground Zero mosque fiasco so that definitely tracks.

Pamela Geller! I wonder what she's up to these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

If you don't know who this guy is he's the smug klansman on the left

He knew exactly what he was saying

Probably won $1,000 from each of his good ole buddies for crowbarring Cotton Picking into a live TV debate involving a black man.  Oh how they must have laughed back at the country club. 

22 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

If you don't know who this guy is he's the smug klansman on the left

He knew exactly what he was saying

Is this a quiz round, people I'd like to see ironically lynched? 

• Haha 1

Â