U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

His campaign have had 72 hours to come up with a legal argument they could actually push to court, and they've come up with zip.

I read that in PA. the (republican) government decided to authorise counting of votes posted before election day, but arriving after election day (up to 3 days after). The Trump team is doing a legal challenge based around "they do not have the authority to make that decision - they've exceeded their statutory powers". Those particular votes are being counted, but kept in seperate boxes, because the (so the thing I read claimed) legal case has merit, and they might need to be discounted. Morally it seems wrong, but legally it looks strong (according to the Murcan lawyer).

so the party currently in power provides the proof against the runners up trying to delegitimize the results so that they can remain in power...

...and they're crying fraud against the runners up? and people buy this? The US is a strange place.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

so the party currently in power provides the proof against the runners up trying to delegitimize the results so that they can remain in power...

...and they're crying fraud against the runners up? and people buy this? The US is a strange place.

States are like mini-countries with their own governments. Adding to the complication of that. The states can have a mixed government. PA, for example, has a Democratic governor, 1 of each in the Senate and Republican held senate/house. Meaning different parties can try and do what they think is right. Imagine this x52 then at a federal level. It's a mess.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

I read that in PA. the (republican) government decided to authorise counting of votes posted before election day, but arriving after election day (up to 3 days after). The Trump team is doing a legal challenge based around "they do not have the authority to make that decision - they've exceeded their statutory powers". Those particular votes are being counted, but kept in seperate boxes, because the (so the thing I read claimed) legal case has merit, and they might need to be discounted. Morally it seems wrong, but legally it looks strong (according to the Murcan lawyer).

Close but not quite I don't think. The R government said that counting couldn't happen until election day and the Dems in PA went to the PA SC to determine whether postmarked votes up until 3rd Nov could be counted. 

Either way, even with this, it won't be enough for Trump so whatever really.

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's just mental

EmJfHQxWoAAvvkv?format=png&name=900x900

https://twitter.com/JoelTaylorhack/status/1324725835853631495/photo/1

The states where Biden caught up or is winning were fraudulent, but the state where Donald is catching up is legit.

I shouldn't be, but I'm generally worried that somehow he's going to steal this thing by just shouting the loudest and having powerful people back him up. 

13 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

A sitting President has not lost a re-election in 30 years.

Trump is a loser of great proportions.

Many people are saying he's the biggest loser of all time.

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

It will not be relevant is my prediction. The number of ballots separated will be nowhere near the eventual total number of votes Trump has to overcome. Even if the legal action has merit, it will be irrelevant and the GOP know that

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blandy said:

My understanding is that its a pretty trivial number of ballots involved, compared to the scale of the likely Biden lead once all the ballots that arrived by election day have been counted.

EDIT: See, eg:

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Thanks 1

Â