U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

BBC US correspondent just used the football analogy that Biden's five nil up in the last two minutes of the cup final. 

EDIT: He's probably taken the ball down to the corner flag, too. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The thing about the cut Trump Speech is that not only was most of it obvious lies, but he was DIRECTLY accusing the people doing the counting of fraud.  Those individual public servants just going about doing their job.  He was accusing them of covering up the ballot forms and turning their backs so his observers (who also apparently weren't there anyway?!?) couldn't see the ballots. 

Why should innocent public servants a) get publicly accused of criminal behavior and b) be put into physical danger by the poisonous words of a clearly out of control president who has a rabid and armed following?

Exactly, it’s as irresponsible as it is reprehensible to make the comments he’s making.

He went on and on about them covering windows with cardboard and paper, suggesting it’s to cover up cheating when it’s quite obviously about protecting the workers’ privacy and security rights, if any one polling station worker gets murdered as a result of all this then I hope trump is held accountable for inciting and encouraging it.

I struggle to put into words my feelings and thoughts on Trump, there aren’t any strong enough. 

I worry a lot of bad things are about to happen in the US but I wonder if at the crest of it we see a shift back toward moral values and respect, I’ve long felt that Trump is the result of a lot of stuff and not the beginning of it, him out of the picture will over time I hope, return life in general to better times.

• Like 2

I think them cutting him is a sign of things to come 

How many pulitzer chasers will sharpen their knives once he's out of the big house? He's spent years peddling the fake news bollocks, once he steps down and loses some protection a fair few of these news outlets will no doubt feel a bit more empowered and seek to get him back

He's not going to get respect off them, I bet there's an executive who's been wanting to greenlight that type of cut for years 

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The good answer would have been "he's not an Arab, but if he was, so what?". As you say, his heart was in the right place, ie: trying to praise his opponent but it did kind of expose how he truly felt. Remember, this is the man who chose Sarah Palin as a running mate as a concession to the Tea Party who were rife with Islamophobia.

If there was 1 good thing about the Trump presidency, it's that he showed up the whole facade of "polite society" and the feigned "decency" of politicians who are otherwise monsters on policy (McCain being one of them). George Bush is another example who has since been rehabilitated by Democrats as a "decent man". Of course, he's done it with all the poise and grace of a sledgehammer as you'd expect.

I actually have a bit of time for JM. He was a real man and brought some class and dignity to it compared certain people. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Wait, is that Scaramucci as in the Scaramucci. The Mooch? Could have sworn he was a Trump lackey :lol: 

Nah, he left the WH and became more and more Anti-Trump the more time went on. Hasn't had a decent word to say about Trump for a couple of years

He used to get asked on TV because he was an ex-insider but he seems to fill the role of general pundit these days. I suspect he'll be around the lucrative talking shite circuit for some time to come, long after Trump

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Wait, is that Scaramucci as in the Scaramucci. The Mooch? Could have sworn he was a Trump lackey :lol: 

I've bigged it up on here a couple of times, but I'd highly recommend Matt Forde's Political Party podcast. 

He's interviewed Scaramucci a couple of times, including one a couple of days ago. It's always a good listen, but the Scaramucci ones are particularly interesting. 

And no, he's definitely not a fan. 

• Like 1

When even a nut job like Bolsonaro distances themselves from you, it’s time to give up. 

He won’t though, he’s going to cling on with his chubby little fingers and try to cause as much damage as he can, until all but a few of his closest family tell him to feck off. 

Â