Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Would be a really good move for him. He'd only need to displace de Jong (25), Puig (22), Nico (20), Pedri (19) and Gavi (17).

Great planning by his agent to ensure first team football in both the short and long term.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Would be a really good move for him. He'd only need to displace de Jong (25), Puig (22), Nico (20), Pedri (19) and Gavi (17).

Great planning by his agent to ensure first team football in both the short and long term.

Barca B play in the Spanish third tier, he'd walk onto their team 🤣

Barcelona are being linked to lots of random English based players at the moment, yesterday were being linked to Saiss from Wolves and are also being linked to Neves.

Honestly if Barcelona are interested and his agent WASN’T exploring that he should be firing his agent. The agent should absolutely be exploring these options for him. Maybe he’ll stay, maybe he’ll go - no point worrying about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Barca made an inquiry and can’t afford him under contract. It’s a nothing story. 

If it's even true the story for me is that he was meeting with the representatives of a team he wont get anywhere near starting for, not that he's leaving. If this is the case the rumours of him wanting more playing time are clearly nonsense.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Honestly if Barcelona are interested and his agent WASN’T exploring that he should be firing his agent. The agent should absolutely be exploring these options for him. Maybe he’ll stay, maybe he’ll go - no point worrying about it.

Exactly. Anyone getting mad at this is missing the point. 

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

his agent is desperate to move carney on for whatever reason.

carney obviously is happy to go along with it otherwise he'd just find himself new representation. shame.

Bigger signing fee for himself at a guess 

And his representation isnt an agent is it? It's a family member or member of his church or something like that 

Whoever it is I'm sure they met with barca yesterday, told the media, met with villa today, barca aren't going to sign him but I'm sure he's happily telling purslow the contract he would theoretically be offered if they could

Parasites the lot of them 

Like Ramsey last season, I'm not quite seeing it with this lad atm. It does feel like he has ideas above his station, but I don't know the lad so could just be agents being agents. I hope he stays and kicks on next season just like Ramsey did. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Imagine the agent if Barcelona made contact. "Eh Carney, you'll not believe this. Barcelona want to talk to us!!"

tbh we're in a rush to get competitive. So we need to be signings another 8 and not really waiting around for Carney to develop. IT's unfortunate but selling him now and having a 20% sell on clause is what we should be doing.

If he's smart he should join Dortmund or Crystal Palace

is it even legal for his agent to meet with them? he's under contract until 2023. it was my impression that he could only explore other options at the turn of the year unless with gave him permission, which I highly doubt.

yes, this is fm logic. 😇

Â